Watercooling loop

This is my final loop (making it as an single, not dual loop), at the end I've managed to install a 200mm Phobya Xtreme radiator (eliminating the Swiftech MCR220-DRIVE REV3 Dual 120mm Radiator w/ Integrated Pump), with an small modding of the 3.5" HDD cages:

Res --> Pump --> 360 Rad --> CPU --> GPU --> GPU (Parallel connection) --> 200mm Rad --> Res.

Kp5m6I.png

Edited by Smiki007

The reservoir should be the highest component in the loop. You're gonna add fluid there and the fluid will want to go down and fill up the space below it, any traped air in the loop will gather in the highest point in the loop, you want the air to gather in the reservoir so you can easily replace it with fluid.

Single loop would be best.

Gravity! 

If your Reservoir is in the bottom of your loop, and you have a 360mm rad in the top, air will gather in the highest point thus in your radiator. :nono:

It's possible to put res in bottom, but you need to lay your rig on it's side while filling or purging air so the reservoir is highest point in loop.

It's much easier to fill and purge system with res at the top. A dual bay res with dual pumps is a nice setup, mounted in top bays if one pump fails you have a back up.

I use the XSPC Dual Bay Dual Pump, and prefer the redundancy of two pumps,.. it is about $275.

Edited by Braegnok

The reservoir should be the highest component in the loop. You're gonna add fluid there and the fluid will want to go down and fill up the space below it, any traped air in the loop will gather in the highest point in the loop, you want the air to gather in the reservoir so you can easily replace it with fluid.

Single loop would be best.

Gravity! 

If your Reservoir is in the bottom of your loop, and you have a 360mm rad in the top, air will gather in the highest point thus in your radiator. :nono:

It's possible to put res in bottom, but you need to lay your rig on it's side while filling or purging air so the reservoir is highest point in loop.

It's much easier to fill and purge system with res at the top. A dual bay res with dual pumps is a nice setup, mounted in top bays if one pump fails you have a back up.

I use the XSPC Dual Bay Dual Pump, and prefer the redundancy of two pumps,.. it is about $275.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_44 Jul. 11 08.36.jpg

I understand everything about Gravity :), but I just wondering... :huh:  if i put the Res higher then 200 mm Rad outlet (shown in the sketch), water will go up, (obviously), but... is that going to obstruct the flow rate or not?

BTW, I've already bought all WC parts (it was very difficult considering I'm living in Lima, Peru... everything need to be imported, there is no PC WC Shops).

Any way, I can't put the Res higher then a 360 Rad (is on top of the case), but i can install it higher then 200 mm Rad.

Edited by Smiki007

If it were my loop I'd go;

Pump > cpu block > 360 Rad > video card 1 / video card 2 > 200 Rad > Res > back to pump

And as others have said, Res as high as possible will help you bleed the system.

If it were my loop I'd go;

Pump > cpu block > 360 Rad > video card 1 / video card 2 > 200 Rad > Res > back to pump

And as others have said, Res as high as possible will help you bleed the system.

Will be better for temps, flow rate or what?

Head pressure to the blocks would be my main consideration.  Temps aren't going to change hardly at all regardless of the loop configuration.

Do You think the 655B pump couldn't deliver enough pressure to CPU block in my present loop (obviously install the Res higher)? 

Edited by Smiki007

The MCP655B is an awesome pump with good head pressure and high reliability.  Without the proper tools to test and measure I can't say one way or another, but I do know that I've built lots of custom loops now, and in most every configuration you can think of, and for me it always ends up back with the pump going directly to one of the blocks and then to the first radiator.

This is one of those subject where you are going to get a million "opinions" really, but the only one that really counts is your own  :)

I was only saying how I would configure "mine" if I were in your shoes.

The MCP655B is an awesome pump with good head pressure and high reliability.  Without the proper tools to test and measure I can't say one way or another, but I do know that I've built lots of custom loops now, and in most every configuration you can think of, and for me it always ends up back with the pump going directly to one of the blocks and then to the first radiator.

This is one of those subject where you are going to get a million "opinions" really, but the only one that really counts is your own   :)

I was only saying how I would configure "mine" if I were in your shoes.

OK,  :thx:  for honesty. I know that a 1000 people = 1000 opinion :), also I've seen Swiftech suggesting on it website to connect the pump to a GPU o CPU block directly (just like you said). I'll go to rebuild/reinstall all over again. Now, I have another doubt, what to do with Swiftech MCR-220 Radiator with Integrated Pump (MCP35X) and Reservoir, which is left over of the loop's installation.

MCR-220-DRIVE-REV3X150.jpg                   

"edit"

added installation.

Planning to relocate the 360 rad to bottom of the case (200 rad stay in it's position), lift the res higher (approximately the same hight of 200 rad), and the dedicate this loop only to cooling CPU:

Pump > CPU >  200 Rad > 360 Rad > Res > Pump

and make another loop of left MCR-220 Radiator with Integrated Pump and Reservoir, dedicated to GPUs:

MCR -220 > GPU1 > GPU2 > MCR 220, the MCR-220 will install at the top of the case. What do You think? OK or not?

Edited by Smiki007

Very cool idea   :)

I like it.  Although you don't really need a two radiators to handle the heat transfer of just a cpu, especially not two the size you're using..................

I try and keep loops simple as possible and eliminate as many potential leak points as possible, and in my book every connection is a potential leak point.