Patriot EP Pro 32 GB SDXC/SDHC Card Review

bp9801

In case anyone's wondering, those comparison results were performed on a USB 2.0 reader (I know because I did them!).

This is a fast card, other reviews back that up, and there will definitely be a performance difference between it and those comparison cards, but beware, if this is used in a USB 2.0 reader, it will only perform about twice as fast as the SanDisks.

If you want those super-fast speeds, you'll need a USB 3.0 reader like Panda, and of course a board with USB 3.0 ports and headers to take advantage of it.

Good stuff otherwise. :)

Edited by nVidia_Freak

In case anyone's wondering, those comparison results were performed on a USB 2.0 reader (I know because I did them!).

This is a fast card, other reviews back that up, and there will definitely be a performance difference between it and those comparison cards, but beware, if this is used in a USB 2.0 reader, it will only perform about twice as fast as the SanDisks.

If you want those super-fast speeds, you'll need a USB 3.0 reader like Panda, and of course a board with USB 3.0 ports and headers to take advantage of it.

Good stuff otherwise. :)

Yeah, but naturally my point still stands. No one is going to get a USB 3.0 reader and then buy this card...they'll sooner buy a small SSD and USB 3.0 enclosure :lol:

I wasn't addressing your post. I was letting anyone know that might think to expect that performance without having a proper USB 3.0 reader for it and/or wonder about the extraordinarily large gap between it and the comparison cards.

Edited by nVidia_Freak

It is expensive, but damn is it fast. I don't see any real benefits in the majority of an SDXC card being that fast...but go Patriot!

If you have a nice camera or GoPro you need something like this. :P

Its fast!!!

BTW, can you give link to any good USB3 card reader? I've internal USB2.0 read, which is without doubt, bad.

I like that reader you have used in the review. :P

If you have a nice camera or GoPro you need something like this. :P

Good camera? I myself have D5100, and never feel any need for anything more than class 6 cards, even while HD video recording.

Good camera? I myself have D5100, and never feel any need for anything more than class 6 cards, even while HD video recording.

Then your camera isn't good enough :P trust me cards like this are a must for high speed burst photography in your higher end dslr cameras. Some even forgo SD cards altogether for compact flash cards because they have even more speed and reliability.

Then if you look at video cameras that shoot in full HD at 60fps you definately don't want a class 6 :P them when you get some of the high end video gear they can even use an ssd or Gigabit link straight to a computer. That's for things like high speed cameras.

Either way these cards definately have their place especially when someone doesn't want to spring for compact flash

Either way these cards definately have their place especially when someone doesn't want to spring for compact flash

This card makes most Compact Flash cards look like old USB 1.0 drives. :lol:

This card makes most Compact Flash cards look like old USB 1.0 drives. :lol:

Well there is that haha. I have been using Patriot Lx Pro SD and micro SD Class 10 cards myself may need this card come upgrade time :)