Diablo 3

tkrow21

I haven't been able to get the damn Beta installed. It keeps hanging on "updating setup files" even though it was 95% downloaded when it crashed the first time. I've tried all the fixes on the Battle.net forums and nothing has helped...so the whole beta weekend is going to be gone before I can even try to play. :lol:

For me I had an error with about 400MB left to download. Then the next few times it just hanged on that "updating setup files" window like yours did. I just left it on that all Friday night, and by Saturday it had updated and I could click the "Play" button. However, I haven't really been able to have any free time so this weekend so I'll be lucky to get in enough time tonight. :lol:

For me I had an error with about 400MB left to download. Then the next few times it just hanged on that "updating setup files" window like yours did. I just left it on that all Friday night, and by Saturday it had updated and I could click the "Play" button. However, I haven't really been able to have any free time so this weekend so I'll be lucky to get in enough time tonight. :lol:

I gave up a few minutes ago. It just keeps breaking even with all the "fixes" from the Battle.net forums.

I gave up a few minutes ago. It just keeps breaking even with all the "fixes" from the Battle.net forums.

Well that just sucks. I know it's been having some problems but that is just awful.

It's apparently a problem with anyone using 64 bit Windows 7. You'd think Blizzard would have an updater that wouldn't choke on a 64 bit system by now. :lol:

It's apparently a problem with anyone using 64 bit Windows 7. You'd think Blizzard would have an updater that wouldn't choke on a 64 bit system by now. :lol:

I'm using Vista 64 and played just fine, so it's not 64-bit that's the prob, just Win7 64 :P

I'm using Vista 64 and played just fine, so it's not 64-bit that's the prob, just Win7 64 :P

Funny because I just played for a few hours tonight without issue. On Windows 7 64-bit. :P

we didnt have any issues either... installed on 4 rigs running 64-bit win7 and it installed and played fine no issue... install was very fast

I think it's just Waco and his broken hardware LOL :)

Best solution is to redownload it. I remember when I first got the beta and I clicked on Play before it finished fully downloading, but the game was too laggy to play. Then the game would either skip over the launcher (updater) or it wouldn't resume the download once on the launcher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Zqmfmzmy4

Edited by AZNguyen

I must say I played Diablo 3 Beta perfectly fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and I had nor problems at all. I had the updating files issue but I deleted a file (can't remember the name) and it solved the issue by re-creating that file.

we didnt have any issues either... installed on 4 rigs running 64-bit win7 and it installed and played fine no issue... install was very fast

I think it's just Waco and his broken hardware LOL :)

Well Blizzard said that was the issue. :)