Diablo 3

tkrow21

played the beta. I'm kinda disappointed in the cartoon look. I want realism not something that a kid can draw. otherwise it's an excellent game but it's a clone of D2 and D2 was a clone of D1. Is it worth $60, nope. I'm just going to pull out my D2 and play that over again.

edit: on a side note i feel this cartoon look is going to be the "new" thing everyone is going to do. it's not cell-shading (which is good when used right). look at Warcraft 3, good game, terrible look. WoW same dumb look. I'm just glad SC2 kept it old school and beefed up the graphics.

Edited by hornybluecow

played the beta. I'm kinda disappointed in the cartoon look. I want realism not something that a kid can draw. otherwise it's an excellent game but it's a clone of D2 and D2 was a clone of D1. Is it worth $60, nope. I'm just going to pull out my D2 and play that over again.

edit: on a side note i feel this cartoon look is going to be the "new" thing everyone is going to do. it's not cell-shading (which is good when used right). look at Warcraft 3, good game, terrible look. WoW same dumb look. I'm just glad SC2 kept it old school and beefed up the graphics.

Don't really see it as cartoon graphics - certainly not on the level of Warcraft 3 or WoW. The models look realistic (if demons were real, that is) and there is plenty of blood spurting every which way.

That being said, I'm not so keen on this game anymore, not because of the graphics, but because of the dumbing down. I don't like the GW-esque have-every-skill-and-swap-when-you-want feature where your choices have no consequence. Nor do I like that attribute points are automatically distributed. The graphics and physics may be a step forward from D2, but everything else is a step back.

Where do you see that? There is a "Start Game" button which just creates an private "online" game.

:withstupid: "Start Game" makes a private game, which you're able to open up to the public at any time if you hit ESC to bring up the menu.

Played the beta quite a bit this weekend. Voice acting could be a lot better, I felt almost embarrassed at the level of cheesiness some characters expressed in their tones. However, the game is solid in my opinion, and I'll definitely be picking it up sometime this year, probably around Christmas. After the release and a few patches, D3 will be golden. Can't wait!

Where do you see that? There is a "Start Game" button which just creates an private "online" game.

when I first fired up the game there was a button on the left that said something to that matter but it errored every time I clicked it... so I clicked Public then start game....

I think I need to turn down some settings as my 5830 seems a little jumpy....

I haven't been able to get the damn Beta installed. It keeps hanging on "updating setup files" even though it was 95% downloaded when it crashed the first time. I've tried all the fixes on the Battle.net forums and nothing has helped...so the whole beta weekend is going to be gone before I can even try to play. :lol: