FAH Affinity Setter

ARandomOWL

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

hey, i just started folding a few weeks back. What exactly does your program here do? Will it allow me to set how much of the cpu is used during the folding? Right now, when i start the folding, it only uses about 25 to 30% of my total cpu capacity. This is good when im on the computer also, but I figure, since most of the time its folding is when i am either asleep, at school, or at work, it would be better to have a higher cpu percent being used. If this question has already been asked, i apologize, but i didnt see anything like it in the other posts. Thank you.

This program is old and has been rendered useless by the newer clients released by Pande Labs.

If you are running the SMP client, check you are using the -smp cmd line switch. We can help more if you open a new thread stating your basic hardware and which client(s) you are running.

This program is old and has been rendered useless by the newer clients released by Pande Labs.

If you are running the SMP client, check you are using the -smp cmd line switch. We can help more if you open a new thread stating your basic hardware and which client(s) you are running.

Not really, and maybe it's just because I'm running the ATI client with the SMP client, but even set correctly, I still gain more points-per-day by manually setting the affinity on both clients after using the -smp command. It seems that the ATI client simply doesn't play well with others. Even using the -smp command, the clients still spill over all cores, and that's where I continue to get client conflicts. Not as bad as not setting -smp and such, but I still lose ppd overall. I am getting tired of having to reset affinity every 3 hours.

If this program ever gets updated, is there any chance to include support for CPUs with more than 4 cores?

Edited by the11ama