ASUS HD 6970 Review

bp9801

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wow, forgot about this thread lol. While I lost the duel to Merc, I found out that I can run my card on the stock cooler >1GHz 24/7 so that is nice. The card simply eats up everything I throw at it, which is a godsend since I have never been able to play the latest games. To give you an idea, my old rig had a 6800...AGP in it lol

I would highly recommend this card to anyone, and when I get some cash flow coming in I am going to have a hard time not crossfiring two of them!

Capi did your 570's seriously hit 6008 QDR on the memory? Thats... Unreal...

Thats right Imm0rt41 you lose our duel, and dont you forget it!! rofl.gif JK JK... That 6970 was imrpessive though, i didnt think that battles would be as close as they were though, because of how much i had my 570 overclocked.

Capi did your 570's seriously hit 6008 QDR on the memory? Thats... Unreal...

Thats right Imm0rt41 you lose our duel, and dont you forget it!! rofl.gif JK JK... That 6970 was imrpessive though, i didnt think that battles would be as close as they were though, because of how much i had my 570 overclocked.

I got lucky with this card I think. It took me maybe a half hour to reach my max OC, and it was very cut and dry on whether it was stable or not. Didn't matter which game/bench I was in it would be fine up to 1010MHz, but any more than that and it would cause the driver to crash lol

I was surprised at how close the stock scores were too. We might have to have a rematch when I get a new mobo ;)