Clean up music titles

stackrainer

If you are like me with a large music library, then chances are you don't want to clean up every track by hand. So I was wondering if any of you guys have tried a paid program that cleans up the files? I can't really justify a 30-50 buck purchase and it not working. I want the files cleaned because I plan on putting all of my music on the google play store so I can access it on all of my devices.

Edited by stackrainer

There are several things it does. I prefer to manually search and select each album. Its free though so give it a shot.

It edits both metadata and titles if you wish. You can add information about artist, collaborating artists, composers, genera, album art etc

OP,

I know exactly what you're saying but unfortunately the only thing that truly works is editing each track.

I know it takes forever and sucks but a program just won't recognize each poorly labeled file name and relabel it and the metadata correctly :down:

I've been accumulating digital music for over 20 years and have over 18,000 tracks now. I wish I had kept up with it in the beginning but now i just take a few tracks at a time and by the time I die my music collection will be ready for my kids, lol Like they'll listen to anything good anyway :doh:

@ Ivangela

that's why I use Media Monkey and manually do it by album.

However I first manually move artists to their own folders then start applying batch edits. I am going to reorganize everything again soon. Re-ripping every CD I have in Flac lv4 I think. Then selectively go through all my digital music and see what I really want to keep. When I can non stop listen to music for half a year I really have too much haha and party duty will be take over by spotify so there is no need for the large collection of music that's there to keep others happy