Noctua NF-F12 PWM Review

bp9801

Oh hail yeah! When you come into my office, and all my computers are running benchmarks, you wouldn't know it because it's so quiet. :P

Mine is the same way. :lol:

I do use the low speed Yates. The only noise they create is the unmask-able sound of moving air. :P

Especially when you consider that I'm running 12 of them...that's hundreds of dollars in fans if you buy expensive ones. I think I spend about $50.

Mine is the same way. :lol:

I do use the low speed Yates. The only noise they create is the unmask-able sound of moving air. :P

Especially when you consider that I'm running 12 of them...that's hundreds of dollars in fans if you buy expensive ones. I think I spend about $50.

Which Yates do you have? I have two pulling air from a 120.2 rad, and I can hear it (the sound of air moving), even at 5V's. It annoys me, but it looks better than seeing the beige colors (everyone but me, apparently).

D12SL-12s. They're all running full speed...no motor noise or anything, just air moving. The clear/LED versions are a lot more noisy than the black ones.

I hate the look of the Noctuas even if they're really nice fans.

Would be interesting to see a sales comparison if Noctura went beige to white and brown to black.

Would be interesting I think

There are some valid points on cost but I have yet to have one of their fans fail on me in the past 4 years. The NH-U12P SE 1366 with NF-P12 fans has been running almost non stop save for a power outage or two and some cleanings and has not failed yet. In that same time frame I have swapped out about 10 cheap fans in various builds in the house due to failure. You can always buy cheaper fans. The majority of time you get just want you paid for.