Gentlemen, I give you the sexiest car.

Locutus

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/equus-bass-770-ford-mustang-2013-09-25 - Topgear article
http://equus-automotive.com/gallery - Picture gallery

A few interesting notes from Topgears post:
"Supercharged 6.2-litre LS9 V8 engine from the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1"
"that block develops 640bhp and 605lb ft of torque"
"this big engine allows the Bass 770 to get from 0-62mph in 3.4 seconds"

I was gonna post a bunch of the pictures but here's one to wet your appetite, they're huge so if you want more you can go to the gallery link I posted above.

gallery-1.jpg

Using the front fascia of a charger on a mustang filled with a cheverolet engine is just wrong. Its a good looking card and Im sure it performs well but it would be nice if the kept the styling ques from one brand or the other. 

This was posted on my car forum a couple days ago...my summary is: A look-alike Ford, with a GM drivetrain, a Hyundai name, and a Ferrari price.   :lol:

It's a pretty cool car, but they are insane with that 250k price point. You can put an actual LS9 in an excellent condition 60's muscle car with a full modern suspension retrofit for a fraction of that amount and have a much cooler car with true name recognition.

Edited by Puck
  • Like 1

I don't like it. That engine just has WAY too much power to be of any use. Looks are nice, I just wish it had a cowl hood.

Ugh...what? No such thing as too much power when you've got the grip yo use it (and it obviously does with a 3.4 second 0-60). :P

It has the exact same horsepower as the 2014 Corvette, and I don't see people ever complaining that that has "too much power." :lol: Athough Chevy says that 'Vette has a 0-60 of 3.8 seconds, so shaving off another 0.4 is impressive.

I don't like it. That engine just has WAY too much power to be of any use. Looks are nice, I just wish it had a cowl hood.

You sir are a wuss! There is no such thing as to much power. Only those that cannot harness it! 

You sir are a wuss! There is no such thing as to much power. Only those that cannot harness it! 

There's no such thing as too much power, but there is such thing as a car not being set up for using that much power, and from the looks of it, this thing isn't ready for 600+ rwhp. Maybe it can put it down in a straight line, but it doesn't seem like it could use very much of that around a corner. 

There's no such thing as too much power, but there is such thing as a car not being set up for using that much power, and from the looks of it, this thing isn't ready for 600+ rwhp. Maybe it can put it down in a straight line, but it doesn't seem like it could use very much of that around a corner. 

Wait a second... hold up.... since when did you care? aint that the argument waco threw at you about miata vs z-car?  lol.

Looks cool, but i agree with puck, buy a classic and drop the vette engine in it. Cheaper(could be), cooler, more fun and more satisfying.

• Like 1