Thermaltake Water 2.0 Performer VS Noctua NH-D14

You have asked about the weight issue more than once, Do you move your machine around or transport it a lot? Most motherboards are still technically rated for around 450g or less I believe.

I would not go with the Noctua if you do because it's almost 1300g with fans. if not, what d6 said.

Well , one can never be too careful , the mobo is a valuable part , and investing 200 euros on a Z77 Sabertooth i am allowed to worry whether it will snap in two under the massive weight of the noctua now ain't i ? ;p

Edited by Justhavocman

Well , one can never be too careful , the mobo is a valuable part , and investing 200 euros on a Z77 Sabertooth i am allowed to worry whether it will snap in two under the massive weight of the noctua now ain't i ? ;p

If my m-ATX motherboard can hold a Noctual NH-D14 with a 3rd fan, an ATX can hold it fine. I also had an NH-D14 on an X58 Sabertooth, handled it fine.

I know its a heavy thing But From my experience and Bishop245's (useless is his name now.... :glare:) The D14 does not put too much stress on the boards. But if you do intend to go a long distance with it then Just simply place the case on its side and there will not be an issue with it.

My 2 cents and then some.

Boinker

I'm a bit late in replying.

I should say that I use D14 with my Asus p8z68-v pro and I do move that chassis a a lot and no problem occurred till date.