Occ Review: Thermaltake Soprano Dx Case

Nemo

Thermaltake Soprano Dx Case Review

100x20-digg-button.gif

Do you consider yourself a PC enthusiast? Do you take pride in building your own rig and making it look as good as possible? Many of the boutique shops have been making unique style cases for a while now. Most of these are of a color other than the beige of the first PCs. I think these PC cases are a whole lot nicer looking and many come with a window on the side. Through this window you can view all your precious hardware within the case. This becomes even more important to the enthusiasts who have the UV sensitive motherboards and exotic cooling methods on their CPUs. Today I will be taking a look at a case made by Thermaltake Technology, the Soprano DX. With its 140mm front and 120mm rear fans, e-SATA connector, windowed side panel, and sexy lines, this looks to be an outstanding product from Thermaltake. I am anxious to see more of this case. Let us take a look together.

12_thumb.jpg

It's incredibly similar to the previous Tsunami case... almost identical, but the small differences are cool... I like how the PCI locking system is black now instead of green/purple, eSATA is cool to have - USB2 gets annoying for the larger drives now... the 11-blade 140mm fan looks like it might be a bit better at getting air in than the Tsunami's 120mm fan :)

I quite like my Tsunami, so to see the Soprano as an improvement on an already good design is nice to see, specially with it being the model of the case in the prize line-up of the Thermaltake giveaway

cool review... like all the different views of the whole case so I could see all the differences to the Tsunami :)

This reminds me of the Top Gear review of the Porsche 997 911 "yeah, you know that new 911 lads, I've done it, now I'm off down the pub". Nothing wrong with improving a good design, though, it's just a bit lazy.

I don't care what the haters say, Tt makes some really nice cases. I love both of mine. I've always liked the Tsunami (which is essentially what this case is) as well.

Good review!