TF2 Poly Count Update

WhenKittensATK

The big TF2 Update released yesterday. It includes new items, a in-game store (Steam Wallet), a mini-game for "Dueling," trading, paint-able items, name tagging items, and anything I missed.

Some of the new items are random dropped and can be crafted, others are only purchasable through the in-game store. Community contributors can make some cash depending on how much people buy their items in the in-game store.

Here is the recipes to craft some of the new items. (Scroll down near the the bottom)

Here is PCGamer's review on each item (cost them $70 to buy them all, but it was for science). This would be useful to see which one you wanted to buy/craft first.

MANN-Conomy Store FAQ

There is a new game mode coming, but not in this update, the next update.

+1 rep to Valve for each update they release. Don't mind the purchasable items at all. The day they introduce a buy-only item though, is the day I frown upon them, lol.

+1 rep to Valve for each update they release. Don't mind the purchasable items at all. The day they introduce a buy-only item though, is the day I frown upon them, lol.

There are buy only items :D You need them to complete the set bonuses.

The initial news about the item shop was that the purchase-only items would be simply cosmetic. I'm very disappointed in Valve for making these so-called cosmetic items necessary for set bonuses. Very sleazy.

As for the weapons, the drop rate for TF2 items is low to begin with, and who's to say Valve won't reduce the drop rates for these new items to entice people to spend money on them? I guess we had this coming though...this is what we get because we've enjoyed all these free updates over the years I guess.

Heck, I can't even get my game to work right anymore! Whenever I try to go to the store (when its even up) it CTDs, and it is starting to do this just playing the game (three separate occasions on two different servers). I'll look at it later (when the sales end at this rate).

Two different computers and the same thing happens. What the heck is going on?

Edited by RogerDeath