XFX HD 5870 Tested

jammin

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's probably time to update that canned intro eh.

Perhaps. :P

I just thought it was funny considering pretty much any card will run it at > 100 FPS with everything cranked. :D

I just thought it was funny considering pretty much any card will run it at > 100 FPS with everything cranked. :D

Ya its getting old lol.

We are in the process of updating our game benchmarks so that will be gone soon :)

Ya its getting old lol.

We are in the process of updating our game benchmarks so that will be gone soon :)

it's sad that efficiently coded games get shuffled away and yet the king/queen of inefficient coding: Crysis lives on :rolleyes:

Edited by IVIYTH0S

AA + AF don't work with ATI; same issue with Dead Space.

imo, should only benchmark games where, the least performing card isn't breaking about 70fps, since anything over that is a total waste. It's nice to see the numbers improve I guess, but hopefully people understand 70+ isn't going to make a difference, even more so if the test was at a higher resolution than they use themselves.

imo, should only benchmark games where, the TOP performing card isn't breaking about 70fps

Edited for you :P

The games where every card scores an insane amount of FPS tend to have bigger gaps in performance then the more stressful games.

In Crysis the biggest difference between the scores was about 20FPS. In Bioshock the biggest difference was something like 60FPS.

It just helps show how much more performance one card has over another.

I do agree though a benchmark where everything scores above 100FPS is getting a bit old.