AMD Phenom II 960T 4 Ghz 6 cores + MSI TF3 7950 = Crysis 3 High settin

Can I play Cyrsis 3 on HIGH settings on an AMD Phenom II 960T OC'd @ 4 Ghz, 6 cores + MSI TF3 7950 OC'd to 7970?

What min and avg FPS would I expect?

Yes, you should be able to. Just try it and see the result by yourself. ;)

I can't say anything about the FPS as I've not seen anyone (till today) who is using HD7950 with a 960T.

Edited by d6bmg

I can't say anything about the FPS as I've not seen anyone (till today) who is using HD7950 with a 960T.

Would you think the CPU would bottleneck the GPU?

i do know amd isnt strong enough to run that 7950 to his full potential.

it all depent on what resolution you play at really, 1080P no filters (aa/af) you should even go to very high, my gtx 480 can even manage that so i asume your 7950 can do that too

the only thing you can do is set shadows/post processing to medium (no difference but fps gain) and your golden 30fps+

but to be fair there is little to no difference between very high and low with high res textures

example:

very high:

chrome2013-03-0911-11-06-47_zps8950cdcb.

low

chrome2013-03-0911-11-11-91_zpsb99a8f04.

search the differences, there is bare to none an crytek should be ashamed of himself for producing such a bad optimised game, faking settings and all.

if there werent direct compair shots you wouldnt even notice if it was on very high or low.

it all depent on what resolution you play at really, 1080P no filters (aa/af) you should even go to very high, my gtx 480 can even manage that so i asume your 7950 can do that too

the only thing you can do is set shadows/post processing to medium (no difference but fps gain) and your golden 30fps+

but to be fair there is little to no difference between very high and low with high res textures

example:

very high:

chrome2013-03-0911-11-06-47_zps8950cdcb.

low

chrome2013-03-0911-11-11-91_zpsb99a8f04.

search the differences, there is bare to none an crytek should be ashamed of himself for producing such a bad optimised game, faking settings and all.

if there werent direct compair shots you wouldnt even notice if it was on very high or low.

I would be playing at 1080p and will probably experiment with different combination of settings. I wonder if there is a noticeable difference between the abscence of AA/AF and the varying degrees of having AA/AF enabled from those photos.

example:

very high:

*pretty crysis 3 pictere

low

*pretty crysis 3 picture*

I would be playing at 1080p and will probably experiment with different combination of settings. I wonder if there is a noticeable difference between the abscence of AA/AF and the varying degrees of having AA/AF enabled from those photos.

i think your card is more then up to the task for enabling af 16x, my gtx 480 is a pussy in that regards so i always turn it off, i dont see much difference anyway.

i didnt saw any notable diference when enabling/disabling af, the only thing you could notice is when you really are going to look for it and that is the ground textures from afar at a distant angle,

if af is disabled it is a bit blurry but nothing really notable, when enabled everything is sharper in regards of textures that are further ahead of you, but i wonder if you really going to notice that because..well...they ARE far away xP

Edited by WarWeeny

No, I don't think so.

Your processor won't bottleneck HD7950. Even if it does bottleneck slightly, you can OC 960T.

I saw one of my friends run GTX580 with a slightly overclocked 960T without any issues for past 1 year. So, I strongly think that you won't have any problem at all.

Both will do fine, like others said just run the best settings you can since I keep hearing it makes very little difference to the gaming experience (and visual enjoyment).

The 960T and the 7950 are a fine pair