Is it true wireless keyboard & mouse has lag problem ?

bluecat68

Question as shown in the title.

Wondering if wireless keyboard & mouse has lag problem & how bad is it.

Also for gaming what kind of keyboard & mouse i should look for ?? (I play FPS & say budget around USD30)

Many thanks for anyone who concern. Good day.

Edited by bluecat68

I personally never used wireless peripherals for gaming so I can't comment on lag, for regular use I had a couple wireless Logitech's (sorry but forgot the models lol) and did not see any visible lag. For that price range I'm not sure if you can get anything high quality. A quick search on the hardware section in OCC yealds this http://overclockersclub.pgpartner.com/search_attrib.php/page_id=51/form_keyword=mouse/rd=1/rd_type=P ... check it out!

Good luck and keep us posted if you find a good one!

Wireless is a bit slower and is susceptible to interference so maybe :)

Not to mention, it would suc if the batteries died right in the middle of a battle :vmad:

• Like 1

Blu - honestly if you take your gaming to any serious extent you would probably want to stick with wired controls. That's just my two cents worth.

Agreed.

I use a wireless Logitech mouse for gaming, and I havent had any issues with lag. Now as kyfire said, it does suck when the batteries die in the middle of a match, so you're going to want to keep an eye on the low battery light. problem is your budget. when I got this mouse years ago (probably 8 or 9) it was over $100, and I doubt you're going to find a good one in your budget. I'd recommend mine, but I've had it for so long that all the markings have worn off, so I have no idea what the model number is.

I use a wireless Logitech mouse for gaming, and I havent had any issues with lag. Now as kyfire said, it does suck when the batteries die in the middle of a match, so you're going to want to keep an eye on the low battery light. problem is your budget. when I got this mouse years ago (probably 8 or 9) it was over $100, and I doubt you're going to find a good one in your budget. I'd recommend mine, but I've had it for so long that all the markings have worn off, so I have no idea what the model number is.

Ic. USD100 just for wireless mouse sound very crazy to me :lol: ) few days ago, the keyboard is ok i didnt sense any lag when typing or gaming but the mouse like moving too fast or too much or something (not sure if it cause by 2000dpi or not) no matter in desktop or in game, or may be i should use lower dpi mouse ??

By the way how long a battery normally last ?? Few days ?? Few months ?? I do take out the keyboard battery and turn off the mouse as well when not using.

Many thanks for all your time :)

the mouse moving "too fast" is most likely because of the dpi setting. not sure if raising or lowering the dpi reduces responsiveness, but either way, that is a completely different issue than lag. as far as the batteries go, mine doesnt have an off setting, it only has a power saver mode. The rechargeable batteries I use are 2400mAh and they will usually last me about a week without a recharge (the recharging station for my mouse wore out years ago, so I have to use a wall charger instead of just topping them up whenever im not using the mouse)

I use a wireless mouse and there is zero difference that I can see from any other mouse i've used.  It's a Logitech M705.  My previous mouse was a Razer Copperhead and I game just as well on either one.  I think most newer wireless mice you won't see any lag.  Maybe 10 years ago with the older technology.

As for battery life i've been using the same set of batteries it came with.  I bought it in May 2011...