Areal (Spiritual Successor to S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

DanTheGamer11

The Areal Kickstarter is now live, so moving the conversation into this thread.

post-5758-0-34055200-1403629693_thumb.png

Areal is a new video game that's being developed by the people behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro: Last Light. It features a massive and intricately detailed open world environment that is extremely varied and colorful, even though it's set in a post-apocalyptic setting. Areal depicts a future where civilization has fallen apart due to an unearthly material called Metamorphite, which eventually spreads, corrupts and infects the whole world. The source of Metamorphite comes from a meteor that impacted the earth long ago, and it is the site of constant conflict and bloodshed.

For more info, check the KS page.

Edited by ClayMeow
Edited with actual KS page and info.

So this is separate to Survivum right?

Also mention of console including wii support does not sound good to me at all. Bye bye real time backpack and other realism so it can be dumbed down for controllers.

Also couldn't find mention but it seems to be online only?

Yeah it's a different studio made up of stalker and metro devs. Nah it's SP at the lowest backing think, if they reach further milestones they can add MP free roam and competitive all 32 players. Wii U has a more ideal controller for backpack managment than the xbone and ps4 tbh... but the hardware on all :'( Hope they don't just copy pasta the character models form STALKER like the images suggest

Saw that yesterday...didn't want to post it because it wasn't supposed to be leaked publicly. You could have just waited for the actual KS launch (today at 10A PT), which will be a lot different (higher stretch goal too).

Really disappointed to see them including Wii U as a starting platform. No matter what claims they try and make, I just won't trust that the other platforms wouldn't be gimped because of it. It really should have been PC-only, with a new-gen stretch goal (PS4 & XBO), and maybe a Wii U stretch goal well beyond that. Now, because of the Wii U inclusion, I'll likely not back it unless they show some stellar gameplay.

The Areal Kickstarter is now live, so moving the conversation into this thread.

areal_logo.png

Areal is a new video game that's being developed by the people behind S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Metro: Last Light. It features a massive and intricately detailed open world environment that is extremely varied and colorful, even though it's set in a post-apocalyptic setting. Areal depicts a future where civilization has fallen apart due to an unearthly material called Metamorphite, which eventually spreads, corrupts and infects the whole world. The source of Metamorphite comes from a meteor that impacted the earth long ago, and it is the site of constant conflict and bloodshed.

For more info, check the KS page.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/06/25/s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-areal-vostock-sparks-legal-and-fraud-threats/

Not surprising Vostok Games has been threatening the studio, already said in other thread that they were using very familiar concept art(ie ripped)... oh wellz :/ 

That link seems to not be working for now so I'll slap in a random one from my reading doesn't seem so much as threatening as wanting to get the word out that they Areal guys are potentially being VERY misleading about their roles in STALKER and the use of STALKER footage without any real credits.

I personally want the 4A Games guys to make an open world game in the general setting of STALKER assuming they can find a way to make the open world as alive as they do the metro in Last Light.  I personally own all the STALKER games and really love the concept, but Metro 2033 and Last Light are better gameplay and world experiences in my opinion.  

I personally want the 4A Games guys to make an open world game in the general setting of STALKER assuming they can find a way to make the open world as alive as they do the metro in Last Light.  I personally own all the STALKER games and really love the concept, but Metro 2033 and Last Light are better gameplay and world experiences in my opinion. 

http://survarium.com/en

That's really not cool, just given me more reason to avoid areal. Haven't heard anything about metro complaining yet so they could have stuck with just that and gotten their own concept art and footage

• 4 weeks later...