Do you want the Vita TV?

kennethk

Hell yes.

http://kotaku.com/westerners-want-ps-vita-tv-more-than-sony-thought-1369802268

I'd love to have this device as I wasn't too big on the vita but liked the games for it.

Edit: Ignore thread title I meant Vita tv. If a mod could fix that  :mfp:

I don't get the appeal of the Vita TV except for streaming your PS4 to additional TVs.

The Vita TV will not be able to play any Vita-exclusive games that require Vita-exclusive controls like the rear touchpad, which means most of the top exclusives will not be support (eg. Gravity Rush & Tearaway). Just save up another $100 and get an actual Vita - it's worth it.

I don't get the appeal of the Vita TV except for streaming your PS4 to additional TVs.

The Vita TV will not be able to play any Vita-exclusive games that require Vita-exclusive controls like the rear touchpad, which means most of the top exclusives will not be support (eg. Gravity Rush & Tearaway). Just save up another $100 and get an actual Vita - it's worth it.

The ps4 controller should work with it which has a touch pad.

The ps4 controller should work with it which has a touch pad.

The DS4's touchpad may be able to emulate the front touchscreen, but what about the rear touchpad and camera? If you check the original press release materials, you'll see the fine print that any games requiring Vita-specific features will not be supported.

Meh, well hopefully they make a cord for that damn mystery port.

Baybe we'd be able to use the vita as a remote control? It'd be pretty pointless but still a way to play on the big screen.

Edited by kennethk

Meh, well hopefully they make a cord for that damn mystery port.

Baybe we'd be able to use the vita as a remote control? It'd be pretty pointless but still a way to play on the big screen.

Yeah, utilizing the mystery port would certainly be nice, though I believe that port is absent on the new LCD model.