Occ Evaluates Far Cry 2 Performance

Nemo

Soo drool. ^_^

Going by those screenshots, those graphics are amazing and normally screenshots don't do any game justice. I actually have to disagree with the review in that in that judging by those graphics and the VERY HIGH settings (assuming those were kept) those are actually pretty damn decent frame rates for a new game with those kind of graphics.

The system I play off of is a 939 processor, I'm kind of curious how it would run if it had a decent graphics card put in - like a GTX260. B:)

Actually the quality of the pics is worse than the actual game. I just couldn't get the 1920 x1200 shots to upload to show how it really looks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, from what I've seen so far (screenies, video, etc...) it looks to be (to be at least) nothing more than a sidestep from Crysis level graphics... this new engine doesn't seem all that great. :huh:

You're in the wrong thread if that's how you feel. Go stack some blocks or something, that seems to be right up your alley. :lol:

Man I miss you having your old name...:(

Edit: Err, you're not in the wrong thread, I just didn't read the title and thought you were. As I said in the other FC2 thread, you can't tell anything from a few screenshots and videos, you've got to get in the game and personally test it out. Crysis screenshots don't look so hot(in all seriousness here, folks). Crysis in action does. Same deal, different game.

Edited by iKillSteal

Eh, from what I've seen so far (screenies, video, etc...) it looks to be (to be at least) nothing more than a sidestep from Crysis level graphics... this new engine doesn't seem all that great. :huh:

What in the living hell is wrong with you :rolleyes:

You can't assume it's "not all that great" just from some screenies, videos, etc. without playing the real thing

When it's updated I hope to see a 4870X2 with the hotfix applied. Initial benchmarks I've seen elsewhere indicate that 1920x1200, 4xAA, DX10 @ Ultra High would be playable...and that makes me drool on myself.

I wonder how my rig is gonna run this at everything cranked to ultra high and AA at 2x or 4x?

What do you guys think? Resolution is 1680x1050

Cant wait to get this game tomorrow! im sick of crysis and COD4! :)