Updated Official Y-Cruncher Benchmark Thread

Andrewr05

I don't recall the exact number (and the number itself is highly suspect as well given the state of my BIOS) but I got just over 9.4 seconds in y-cruncher with the 8120 @ 3.1 GHz. No tweaking or anything, CnQ on, etc.

When I'm confident it's actually working properly I'll do some serious benchmarks. :P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About time Speedway! Nice OC!

Damn, 78C just to run that. You need to get that chiller! :P

Did you see the voltage? :lol:

I'm getting frustrated with this chip. I have been reading like crazy on extreme OCing with the 2600K, and I feel like I am just missing some tiny setting to get a higher OC. I mean I can run 5.2GHz Stable @ 1.475V (with LLC set to Extreme prob more like 1.49V)! But, if I try to go with a 5.3-5.4GHz OC, then I have to up the voltage quite a bit. I feel like I shld be able to get there with 1.5-1.525V, but that there are other settings that need a minor tweaking! Still learning these 1155 chipset/UEFI BIOS, so hopefully I can get there. My goal is 5.5GHz and I feel like I have a chip that can do it, just have to keep messing with it :evilgrin:

Can't believe that I have a cpu running over 5.2GHz and I feel slightly less than satisfied :pfp::haha:

Did you see the voltage? :lol:

I'm getting frustrated with this chip. I have been reading like crazy on extreme OCing with the 2600K, and I feel like I am just missing some tiny setting to get a higher OC. I mean I can run 5.2GHz Stable @ 1.475V (with LLC set to Extreme prob more like 1.49V)! But, if I try to go with a 5.3-5.4GHz OC, then I have to up the voltage quite a bit. I feel like I shld be able to get there with 1.5-1.525V, but that there are other settings that need a minor tweaking! Still learning these 1155 chipset/UEFI BIOS, so hopefully I can get there. My goal is 5.5GHz and I feel like I have a chip that can do it, just have to keep messing with it :evilgrin:

Can't believe that I have a cpu running over 5.2GHz and I feel slightly less than satisfied :pfp::haha:

Lol, you're just spoiled. You practically have a golden chip! Mine's at 1.464V's for 4.9GHz.

Lol, you're just spoiled. You practically have a golden chip! Mine's at 1.464V's for 4.9GHz.

Erroneous, Erroneous,.....Erroneous on both accounts :rofl:

While you are correct Capi, it still doesn't change the fact, that I am more proud of my 4.6GHz i7 930 OC than I am the 5.3GHz 2600K OC ;) But, make no mistake, I am still very happy about this chip's perfromance! Intel really set the bar with the 2600K! Need to get Jack on this thread, I want to see some1 break into the 3's on this :evilgrin:

i want to see someone try and beat my k6 score, now that would be impressive.

i have a few P1 and P2 boards laying around but i cant get them to run. they will boot but not go into the install phase the just freeze at the hit any key to boot from cd rom. maybe ill try knoppix or something on those lines. or if push comes to shove ill load xp on another system and just plug it into the old computers, i know its not the right thing to do but just to run a few passes of y cruncher shouldnt hurt.

i want to see someone try and beat my k6 score, now that would be impressive.
Downclocking may yield lower scores, who knows?

:dunno:

I know its not the right thing to do but just to run a few passes of y cruncher shouldnt hurt.

Yeah, I don't see any issues with that, I say go for it!

Downclocking may yield lower scores, who knows?

:dunno:

:whoa: WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY. You should be hung drawn and quartered for saying something like that, this is OCC you never downclock.

Edited by olokul