OCC Review: X-Arcade Tankstick

jammin

X-Arcade Tankstick Review

100x20-digg-button.gif

Remember going to the arcade and spending all the quarters you could find in your house? Asteroids, Centipede, Pong, Defender, Space Invaders and Super Breakout are just a few of the most memorable arcade games that most of us have spent countless hours playing. Wouldn
Edited by jammin

Wow! All I had to see were those 1-Player / 2-Player buttons (with those little men icons) and I was on a trip through arcade nostalgia :)

Seems like a cool device, but I wonder how many people they can get to pay $200 for it.

Hey Ryan you up for a Lan game of Missile Command :P

I think its a pretty cool unit I wish I had it :(

I really wish that Galaga was on there I love that game :)

Wow, I'm kind of surprised to see an arcade stick reviewed over at OCC. Even more surprised to see somebody actually recommend the X-Arcade. Given, it's a newer revision, but these things are notorious for subpar parts, input lag on most of the converters, and generally a mediocre piece of equipment, especially for the price. Especially since if you're simply interested in it for use on a computer the Hot Rod SE is only $100 for a two player setup and uses real Happ parts (Like those you see in American arcades) instead of the garbage knock-offs in the X-Arcades.

Wow, I know way too much about this crap. I've got to stop hanging out at SRK and tone down the amount of fighters I play.

Hey Ryan you up for a Lan game of Missile Command :P

LOL! Maybe, but only after many rounds of Gauntlet and Rampage! :P

Where's Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, and Virtua Fighter in that list, though? I can't see sticks like those without thinking of the classic fighter games!

:lol: