hardwiring tablet to ethernet?

rieds

its a nexus 7. i have usb b male to usb male a cable. can i plug into my micro usb otg to usb cable or do i need a usb to rj45 adaptor with some kind of ic chip built in? theres all kinds of usb to rj45 adaptors anywhere from 10 to 50 dollars but i have no idea what the difference is. theres a micro usb to rj45 adaptor on amazon but aparently its really cheap and the micro usb plug works about as good as some of the 1.50 charger/data cables you buy off ebay.

Edited by rieds

Thanks for following up with a workable solution. It's always nice to know when people find a workable solution and are kind enough to share their results. Thank you!

+1

Also, if you wouldn't mind saying, what kind of speeds do you get with the new adapter?

im gettin 10mb up and 1mb down same as all my conections. i found a thread on myandroid about this and it said to turn off wifi and leave airplane mode on but it didnt work right that way. it would lock up the tablet on some pages so i left wifi on and when you plug the ethernet rig in it automaticlly disconnects any wifi connections you have and uses the ethernet.