Some upgrades.

AllYourF0rt

Ok guys thanks for the input it's been helpfull yeah i'll go with the x4 965 BE I have a Hyper 212+ cooler so I should be able to oc pretty well. More than likely i'll get the 570 i'm leaning towards EVGA cause of their lifetime warranty. So I really don't need to get 4 more gb of ram. I have 64 bit Windows 7 and it recognizes 8 gb im pretty sure but will it make a difference in games?

Yeah the 212+ will easily take your 965 to the point of diminishing returns which is all a cooler should have to do. Glad you decided AWAY from buying an EVGA with the only reason being lifetime warranty (since we see you don't keep your graphics cards for a lifetime ;))

I echo what everyone else has been saying.

It's hard to say which is better between the 570 and the 7850: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=518 , the 7850 seems to be a far greater value and is more efficient while the 570 wins in a few select games, most they are indistinguishably close

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you decided AWAY from buying an EVGA with the only reason being lifetime warranty (since we see you don't keep your graphics cards for a lifetime ;))

Exactly - I don't recommend EVGA one bit. My EVGA GTX 570 runs hotter than I would like and their customer service was horrible. Overpriced and full of themselves.

EVGA CS Rep: "My GTX 260 used to run at 92C playing SC2... that's normal." :wallbash:

Nice one OP. That's probably the best 570 you can get: cool,silent and heavily overclockable card, though you seem to have surpassed your initial budget (as we all do generally :P ).

Now besides the subject can anyone tell me how to change that message under your avatar? just having "Member" got a little stale.

Exactly - I don't recommend EVGA one bit. My EVGA GTX 570 runs hotter than I would like and their customer service was horrible. Overpriced and full of themselves.

EVGA CS Rep: "My GTX 260 used to run at 92C playing SC2... that's normal." :wallbash:

Maybe the guy with the 260 lived in a sauna. You never know.

Now besides the subject can anyone tell me how to change that message under your avatar? just having "Member" got a little stale.

Go to your profile, Edit my Profile, on that page 3rd area down is Profile Information > Member Title

At least you didn't have the CEO of Swiftech telling you that 130+ C VRM temperatures were "okay and safe" for a 4870X2 with watercooling.

God I hate that guy. I nearly had to eat the cost of a Swiftech Caldera setup simply because Gabe (the CEO) is a complete douchebag and won't admit fault or wrongdoing for anything.

At least you didn't have the CEO of Swiftech telling you that 130+ C VRM temperatures were "okay and safe" for a 4870X2 with watercooling.

God I hate that guy. I nearly had to eat the cost of a Swiftech Caldera setup simply because Gabe (the CEO) is a complete douchebag and won't admit fault or wrongdoing for anything.

:pfp: are you being serious? that's ridiculous

:blink: WOOOW :blink:

I had a hard enough time not calling the EVGA guy a moron but your phone call definitely would have broke me. Why was the CEO answering a customer complaint anyway?