Finally the time of year again... Dial back my OC for summer.

Guys I'm so sad... I finally had to roll my overclock down from 4.2GHz to 3.6GHz on my CPU and turned off hyperthreading since it needlessly adds several degrees to the cores and is totally pointless for gaming. Also brought my 570's from 900/1800/2100 to 732/1464/1900.

It's not that my hardware was getting hot. It's temps were perfectly stable and acceptable... However my room... I can say that my case certainly does a good job pumping heat out, lol. My computer while gaming can over power my central air in about an hour. It'll go from a chilly 72 to 90 after about 2-3 hours.

On the plus side, i can game for hours now and my room temp only goes up a smidge now!

Can anyone else relate?

Heh, I can relate as well, I went from an apartment located in the basement (nice large windows tho) to a 4th level located one.

A little bit of temperature increase, went from 25 to 32 in the late afternoon. I got an air conditioner, but I don't like hearing it all the time.

I tend to control the temperatures only to avoid astronomical electricity bills.

Sure can, When I have the rigs cranked up folding the temperature increase in the upstairs is high enough to turn the downstairs into an icebox. Had to cut back on one to keep the power company from getting more than its fair share of my paycheck.

May be it's the time to reapply the TIM. ;)

Just in case...(can't tell if it's sarcasm or not):

It's not that my hardware was getting hot. It's temps were perfectly stable and acceptable... However my room... I can say that my case certainly does a good job pumping heat out, lol. My computer while gaming can over power my central air in about an hour. It'll go from a chilly 72 to 90 after about 2-3 hours.

And this:

Need maintenance. 

What?

Edit: And I completely forgot to post about my own. Yeah, I don't OC my main rig anymore, but it's still enough to raise the temp in my room by several degrees by itself. Awesome in winter, as I leave the thermostat to 60 while my room gets to around 70, but sucks in summer. I either have the windows open or the AC on anytime the comp is on.

Edited by the11ama

This is why I do more moderate overclocking. My overclocks hold even in very high ambient temps, got to 87F in the house the other day, was so engrossed in my game I did not realize the temp until I took a break.

It was no sarcasm. It was a serious post and pointing to one of the possible problem.

It was no sarcasm. It was a serious post and pointing to one of the possible problem.

The OP stated that the issue did not lie in the actual system temp but in the temperature of the room the system was in. :dunno:

90 as temperature room in winter? Man, you could use some water cooling apparatus to distribute the heat evenly in the house and save on the bill.

I bought a 36,000 BTU window mount AC unit last year for my computer room, it will keep everything nice and cool but the blower is vary loud. The summer time air temp in that room with no computers on was apx. 80 F,..  and would get damn hot vary fast when I turned on a few rigs,..so I see where your coming from. :cool2:

Edited by Braegnok