AMD is insane

If they get that high they will probably need a dedicated power supply and auxiliary power connections on the motherboard   :)

That's what I was thinking, it's already 220TDP stock, STOCK! lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

I would call BS on that, I'm not sure an AM3+ board would be able to supply 220W of power to the CPU.

I am picturing a CPU with a bunch of female power plugs coming out of it like a video card lmao! 

Same here. Now AMD starting to innovate newer processor designs. :P

I would call BS on that, I'm not sure an AM3+ board would be able to supply 220W of power to the CPU.

My ASRock board pushed over 400 watts through mine. :lol:

I hope Corsair is thinking about a new case, and a H240i cooler for the FX-9000 

8 Piledriver modules 220W TDP @ 4.8GHZ and 5.0GHz Turbo is going to get damn HOT!   :D

Edited by Braegnok

The one that then caught fire? :P

The one that then caught fire? :P

Details, details.

Although it would make Waco the ideal reviewer for such a CPU, since he knows how to deal with electrical fires already.

By the way, both links in the thread about the CPUs attribute the same source; Sweclockers. Just something interesting I noticed.