Torchlight 2

Andrewr05

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torchlight was a wonderful surprise, a single player dungeon Diablo style graphics with fun game play and a strong, published in digital form at low prices. It was not only a critical strike has sold 500,000 copies to players and Perfect World Entertainment has bought the majority of game developers for $ 8.4 million.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

GameSpot Presents: Now Playing - Torchlight II

1-8 players (Dev: best size is 2-4 players; hey just like Diablo 3 :P)

1 time purchase - no microtransactions

Hellgate London style looting (everyone only sees their own instead of free for all like Diablo and Borderlands)

I'll probably wait for a $5 sale like Torchlight 1. Diablo 3 is Q4 2011 or Q1 2012 and Guild Wars 2 is probably somewhere near that time frame too. Too many RPGs too soon.

Edited by Krazyxazn

I seem to recall some of that from somewhere. :P

I do agree though, I remember virtually everyone who here picked up Torchlight 1 got it on sale for $5, myself included. Probably will happen that way for the sequel, but hey, never know for sure.

• 1 month later...

Gamescom: Torchlight II: Bigger and Better

A lot of good details, a recommended read.

Sounds good, but one part is kind of silly:

If you wind up with a character build you don't like or just want to experiment, it'll likely be possible to snag a potion to undo all your skill point choices so you can reallocate. Rampant player respeccing isn't what Runic wants, as the studio feels it strips some of the meaning from the decisions you need to make.
Because the game will allow modding, one of the first mods will surely be free, unlimited respec potions.