whish is the best config for gaming

superdps

OK OK so 4gb will be ok, if you don't screw around like me.  

Play your game but not while running Afterburner, Taskmanager, Coretemp, Pandora radio, and Teamspeak.  I often keep another browser open and watch youtube videos or check in at the OCC while the next round is loading!  :doh:

if you want to know how much VRAM you are using in game . run GPUz and check the memory load on the second tab . bf3 or any game ive ever played hasn't gone above 1.5gb unless AF is on .

2gb of VRAM is here and now while 4gb is future proofing , if your game requires 4gb of VRAM you are at that point running a dated card .

Edited by hornybluecow

DRam vs VRam.

But I agree with what you are saying.

You can also monitor vram use in afterburner. Bf3 easily mazes out my 1gb cards on ultra.

Edited by RedFury77

oh course my point is void because who doesn't want to have AF on.  When I said 4gb used I ment if a game requires 4gb of VRAM you are probly playing crysis 6 (yeah EA isn't gonna stop) and that extra 2GB of vram while will be able to handle to extra textures the GPU will be dated enough to not be able to keep up.

A good example is a have a Quadro FX 4800 (basically a GTX 260 with 1.5gb of vram). I can run games with high to ultra textures just fine but I sure can't turn anything else up past low settings. Whats the point than?

for DRAM (systeme memory not video memory) You have extra because programs are getting fatter ever year so you can prolong the computer as a whole with more memory.

Edited by hornybluecow

Yes but is he really going to be able to run a game like BF3 on ultra with the cards he is interested in buying anyway? Point being if the card can't do it does the amount of memory on the board matter?