Trying to OC my Asus P5N-e SLI

MadMan

So basically I have a Asus P5N-e SLI mobo with a Core 2 Quad Q6600, 8gb corsair memory, evga superclocked gtx 660 2gb. 1.5tb hard drive space...anyways I was originally trying to overclock this thing. Upon doing so I ran into a problem where whenever changing the FSB or multiplier it would automatically revert back to stock settings upon leaving the BIOS. I read up on this and read to flash/clear CMOS. I did this by changing the jumper on the mobo like your supposed to...waiting 5 or 10 seconds then moving it back...upon moving it back now I get just a black screen....no bios start up screen or nothing....however the mobo is still posting each time it starts just I get nothing on my monitor....I have also tried to remove the battery and replace it and nothing...before I throw this machine is anyone able to give me any idea what to do or is this thing dead?

Yeah....Idk if someone else might want to chime in otherwise, but I had an awful time trying to overclock my Q9450 on a 780i... I think nvidia chipsets just weren't gutsy enough for the C2Qs, even though some could overclock C2Ds fairly well.

All in all, I went for a P45 chipset board and never went back. Painless overclocking with none of the headaches of the nvidia chipsets (I had two 680i's before the 780i....even though they're pretty much the same thing)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Upon rechecking everything I found out that the jumper that was reseting the cmos was bent inside not making contact with the pins...replaced and my system booted up and it did fix the problem of the bios not saving fsb settings...I can now oc it a bit...for now its at 2.7ghz...don't know how much I can get on air...