Sapphire 5870 Tested

Bosco

Hmm, where is Nvidia now? Look at their Top Performer(Single, not dual) GTX285, its down on its knees begging for mercy from the HD5870 :lol:

This might make Nvidia make better cards for the price, so that might be a good thing :)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been consistently correct in the past with regards to almost everything he's posted though. I do take it with a grain of salt (as you should everything on the web coming from a third-party) but at the same time nVidia doesn't currently have a counter for the 5870. It's not by their own choosing regardless of the reason.

Says who?

ahhh good old Charlie :rolleyes:

If you think Nvidia doesn't have something I ought to ban you from OCC :lol:

Last I heard they were shooting for 4th quarter 2009 / 1st quarter 2010...and I've heard nothing recently to suggest they are even close to release. :shrug:

I'm hoping that the two companies continue to flip/flop between who's fastest, it drives down prices for the current "second best." :P 6 months between would be fine with me. :D

Edited by Waco

I would watch out, it might you who gets banned when you try to ban Waco :lol:

I would pay to see that :lol:

Last I heard they were shooting for 4th quarter 2009 / 1st quarter 2010...and I've heard nothing recently to suggest they are even close to release. :shrug:

I'm hoping that the two companies continue to flip/flop between who's fastest, it drives down prices for the current "second best." :P 6 months between would be fine with me. :D

Ya I can't say much but I would think we will see something in Oct or Nov. :) I agree on the flip/flop its good for the consumers not to mention it drives the companies to make better products.

I would pay to see that :lol:
Don't make me hack you! :lol:

Ya I can't say much but I would think we will see something in Oct or Nov. :) I agree on the flip/flop its good for the consumers not to mention it drives the companies to make better products.
Sounds good to me. I've got no brand loyalty and if they can make a card that'll beat my 4870X2 consistently I'm going to switch. I hate not being able to crank up PhysX effects and I'm not buying a new motherboard to add a second GPU for just that. :P

Don't make me hack you! :lol:

Sounds good to me. I've got no brand loyalty and if they can make a card that'll beat my 4870X2 consistently I'm going to switch. I hate not being able to crank up PhysX effects and I'm not buying a new motherboard to add a second GPU for just that. :P

Anytime there little man :lol:

Ya I have been doing alot of testing with Batman with Nvidia and ATI side by side all I have to say is ouch. I think the game looks awful on ATI with no PhysX it almost seems like somethings missing if you get what I mean.

Ya I have been doing alot of testing with Batman with Nvidia and ATI side by side all I have to say is ouch. I think the game looks awful on ATI with no PhysX it almost seems like somethings missing if you get what I mean.

Yeah. Darkest of Days seems the same way. :glare:

Yeah. Darkest of Days seems the same way. :glare:

Ya it does. I just noticed it alot more in batman because of the caves and such. It just looks so plain.

Maybe thats Nvidia's plan turn on PhysX and kill ATI's performance :lol:

Maybe thats Nvidia's plan turn on PhysX and kill ATI's performance :lol:

:lol: Their CPU version doesn't really work multi-threaded as it should...so that's a possibility.

If they fixed it so it used more than a single core the ATI cards would fare a LOT better...which is probably why they haven't done it. :P