New(ish) build.

Hey guys, I've run into some troubles with planning a new build. It all started when I bought a PC with the following specs for

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have already bought an outdated setup. You can partially update it by changing the GPU & processor, but I doubt the performance gain will be worth spending the extra money in it.

Still, if you want a descent C2D then search in ebay for E5700 or E8500. Before than look into motherboard spaces for the supported processors.

You have already bought an outdated setup. You can partially update it by changing the GPU & processor, but I doubt the performance gain will be worth spending the extra money in it.

Still, if you want a descent C2D then search in ebay for E5700 or E8500. Before than look into motherboard spaces for the supported processors.

My plan for this machine was to build it up, mostly because I don't have the finances to build new really. I've managed to scout out a Q6600 for

History says that Q6600 can be overclocked to 3GHz with MSI Platinum P965 with ease.

A google search will help you regarding this matter. I would have posted the link to that thread if I knew whether posting links to other forum is allowed or not.

Only problem i see is being able to cool that Q6600, especially if you plan on overclocking it. They get pretty hot!

I have a Zalman CNPS9900. Would that be enough? My friend gave me a Pentium Dual Core to hold me over until I get my hands on a C2Q. Got it OC'd to 3.5GHz already. Man I miss overclocking :P

Only problem i see is being able to cool that Q6600, especially if you plan on overclocking it. They get pretty hot!

I have a Zalman CNPS9900. Would that be enough? My friend gave me a Pentium Dual Core to hold me over until I get my hands on a C2Q. Got it OC'd to 3.5GHz already. Man I miss overclocking :P

3.5GHz? Watch out the temperature!!