I don't get it!

NCC10281982B

I still can't get my GTX 660 to run F@H. It's on the list of supported GPU's and everything. I just updated the drivers. What is additionally baffling is the 9800 GT runs just fine. Nividia lists the card as performance. Everythinbg I have looked up says this card should run fine. Its not like I spent $260 on this thing

F@H.PNG

GPUZ.gif

GPUZ2.gif

just bought.png

I actually did not know this was possible.

I thought both cards had to be the same.. Interesting..

You don't have those hooked SLI do you?

I think you are going to have to go to Folding@home forum and post your question.

I cannot find the forum I was in the other day, but I thought I read it was not currently possible for 2 different video cards (not in SLI) to fold with the v7 client.

You might have to use the v7 client for the CPU and one GPU and then run an older client on the GPU that is not initializing. 

Oh.. Also it sort of looks like Both video cards need to be plugged into a monitor.. I am not sure why, but all these posts I am reading require the video card to be outputting a source in order for them to work.

There are several important reasons why two different GPUs is harder. 
1) V7 uses a different method of enumerating GPUs than Windows does. If the GPUs are the same and Windows thinks they're numbered 0,1 when V7 has really numbered them 1,0, it doesn't matter because they'll still both work.
2) Drivers have been causing a lot of problems, and getting two DIFFERENT sets of drivers to work correctly is several times more difficult than just getting one set to work.
3) You can have both a CUDA GPU 0 and an OpenCL GPU 0.
4) V7's "automatic" multi-GPU configuration process sometimes works and sometimes does not. If you try to help it by making changes, you may actually be making it more difficult.
5) Nobody actually understands all of the possible reasons why a configuration can fail.

Take a look at this Topic: http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=23801&start=15

I did not get to read it all, but it may have a solution for you.

I have to head off to bed.