Windows 7 Beta Evaluation

Nemo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where to get the 64bit iso? I downloaded it from M$ when they were allowing public downloads but I forgot to backup the iso before I formatted the drive it was on. I still have my beta key.

My understanding is that it's not legally available for download anymore.

Not to be the one to double post but I installed Windows 7 finally and am SOOOO glad I did. I love this operating system, everything runs just as good as Vista does (with the exception of fighting to get Firefox to install and learning the new surroundings) but other than that this is now my permanent OS, until they cut off us Beta Testers that is. I have to try gaming on it and see how that goes.

I just dont understand why Microsoft seems to think that paying for something such as Vista or even now Windows 7 is a worthwhile venture? Let me explain. After XP, we are paying for an OS that doesnt really outperform the previous OS. People love XP for what it is, in a word Unobtrusive, gets the job done, no hassles. Vista/Windows7 on the other hand comes with a new price tag, a significantly larger foot print, and has to run on Newer Hardware. Why is it that the OS requires more and newer Hardware Resources and gives relatively the same performance of its predecesor?? Who wants to pay for a car that is basically the same as the one you bought four years ago, gets worse gas mileage, and will cost you more than you paid for your origional car? Because, as the testor here says, its fun to use?? Give me a break, excuse me, FUN?? Is a handsaw fun? Is an electric drill fun?? It should be easy, unobtrusive, use less resources, and cost less and not made for the Newb, Computer Neophyte.

Lets face it. Computers are, basically, for the average user, 20 years old now. The majority of users out there will not be using a computer for the first time. Those days are over. So why make the OS work as if its made for someone with absolutely no knowledge and an IQ of 70?

Who wants to pay $150 per copy for something like this?? Because its fun? hahaha, hahahahahah.

Edited by Kwok