How Far Can I Oc An E5200 2.5ghz (stock Cooling) On Asus P5b Se Mobo ?

klinci

I want to know how far can i go with stock cooling on a e5200 with P5B SE mobo? Will i reach at least 3.5 Ghz 24/7 stable ? And if not , can you recommend me some coolers that are cheap and effective in the same time? Thanks. :)

I want to know how far can i go with stock cooling on a e5200 with P5B SE mobo? Will i reach at least 3.5 Ghz 24/7 stable ? And if not , can you recommend me some coolers that are cheap and effective in the same time? Thanks. :)

Overclocking is a function of your entire system (mobo, cpu, psu, memory, cpu cooling, case cooling, etc), list a few more components and we could possibly help you.

• 4 months later...

Yep as stated you can only know the answer by doing it.

I will tell you though I have 2 friends with the E5200.

One is using an asus p5q pro and 2x2 GB of corsair RAM and using Windows 7 beta 64 bit OS and has his at 3.6ghz 24/7.

The other has E5200 with my old Asus p5b deluxe and 2x2 GB of Corsair using Vista 64 bit and has his at 3.25 ghz 24/7.

For the cost, they are nice little chips imo.

I had an e5200 and had it overclocked to 3.6 with the arctic cooler 7 pro with loads of 73c which I thought was good for a $25 cooler.. that was on a evga 750i FTW mb. it is a decent processor for the price. just no L3 cache