Dang you AMD! HD 7970 here I come

El_Capitan

I traded up to a MSI GTX 580 1.5GB + $205 with something that I got for $90. Now someone wants me to trade me for it for his MSI HD 7970 3GB + $100. :mfp:

Looks like I'll be playing with AMD drivers again. I can't let go of a $425 HD 7970 (after $30 spent in shipping costs), even though that's probably the price it'll be in a few months after Nvidia release their new line of graphics cards.

I traded up to a MSI GTX 580 1.5GB + $205 with something that I got for $90. Now someone wants me to trade me for it for his MSI HD 7970 3GB + $100. :mfp:

Looks like I'll be playing with AMD drivers again. I can't let go of a $425 HD 7970 (after $30 spent in shipping costs), even though that's probably the price it'll be in a few months after Nvidia release their new line of graphics cards.

Welcome back to the Dark Side :evilgrin:

I also found a good deal (well, in South Africa its about as best a deal as you'll get over here :P ) so Im going to receive my second one soon :)

Welcome back to the Dark Side :evilgrin:

I also found a good deal (well, in South Africa its about as best a deal as you'll get over here :P ) so Im going to receive my second one soon :)

Geez Nyt, your rig is gonna fly. Seriously, you need triple 2560 x 1600 monitors for eyefinity next. :P

Good luck with the drivers. :lol:

I havent had many problems with them ...

I still haven't figured out why it seems like every other driver release breaks CCC so it won't open. :lol:

Maybe because they arent optimized for your dust old cards ? :P You seriously need to upgrade :lol:

I still haven't figured out why it seems like every other driver release breaks CCC so it won't open. :lol:

I just do a complete uninstall of AMD drivers and CCC, along with one more uninstall with Driver Sweeper and install everything along with registry edits. The surest way to do it from my experience, but it's annoying to have to do it that way.