Upgrading SSD

Hyper Threaded

Really really hard to argue the value proposition of the MX100 512Gb drive for $209 and some change. 

Great reliability, 550Mb/s Read - 500Mb/s write speeds.  The 512Gb version is also coming with Acronis backup/imaging software according to buyers over at Newegg.

Yeah no kidding. I'm using it in my laptop right now and it's amazing. I tempted to swap out my Intel 335 in my desktop with this. It's also only 480gb after formatting where as some SSD are really what they say. OCZ and Intel are some of them.

Really depends on the controller and over provisioning. 

Yeah, sadly the 256GB was $88 but the sale ended yesterday. I'd keep my eyes open for another sale to come along!

Darn it. I didn't even look to see if the 256Gb were on sale too.  I should have grabbed two of them at that price  :( 

Yeah, sadly the 256GB was $88 but the sale ended yesterday. I'd keep my eyes open for another sale to come along!

Darn it. I didn't even look to see if the 256Gb were on sale too.  I should have grabbed two of them at that price  :(

Indeed, I'm thinkin' of gettin' one for my pops, his laptop is slower than he'd like and my old Vertex 2 REALLY woke up his first gen core 2 duo laptop so his new ULV i7 laptop (ivy bridge I think) would HAVE to be faster than that old one.

• 3 weeks later...

The Tech Report did SSD's Endurance tests and I was quite surprise to how much TB you can write before having a failure or a decline in writable blocks.

They have reached a PB and they are documenting the life of the Intel 335, Samsung 840 & 840 pro, and some others.