Game Performance - Darkest of Days

Nemo

My plan in the near future is to get a 5870 (assuming they are as nice as the leaked numbers indicate) and use an 8800GT or something for PhysX. To be perfectly frank I'm absolutely tired of not being able to play games properly because of Crossfire. <_<

You gotta hop on the train with me!! My 8800GT should arrive any day now. (Bless you Win7!!)

Frank and I were talking about the differences between ATI and Nvidia well playing DOD and Batman. The differences is staggering and frankly I feel so bad for ATI owners that are playing Batman there is so many little things that are missing because of Physx :(

Nvidia will probably never release Physx rights to ATI will they?? With more and more games supporting it, ATI better think of something if they are going to come back at this new incentive to get nvidia card solutions. Then again you could run the hybrid system like I'm going to and get the best of both worlds :thumbs-up:

TYPO ALERT!!

Even with the aggressive setting used, the little GTX 250 out did the big stars from ATI when Physx was enabled.

As excited as you were at how good the 250 did, it's no GTX :P Great review though, looks like an awesome game

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nvidia will probably never release Physx rights to ATI will they?? With more and more games supporting it, ATI better think of something if they are going to come back at this new incentive to get nvidia card solutions. Then again you could run the hybrid system like I'm going to and get the best of both worlds :thumbs-up:

i think if i ran gtx 275 + 8800/9800 gt for physx

then my setup will kick your setup`s butt :P , or i bet my card will kick yours with the dedicated card for physx since it has physx ..:P

:P:lol: :lol: :lol:

i think if i ran gtx 275 + 8800/9800 gt for physx

then my setup will kick your setup`s butt :P , or i bet my card will kick yours with the dedicated card for physx since it has physx ..:P

:P:lol: :lol: :lol:

mine's red and pretty (and only costed me $155 :P) though I guess it isn't $155 if you consider my $60 8800GT....but I digress haha

mine's red and pretty (and only costed me $155 :P) though I guess it isn't $155 if you consider my $60 8800GT....but I digress haha

i like red and green (as colors ) and ( as players ) .............:P

both cards are really great , but mine is better since sli works unlike cf .............:lol:

TYPO ALERT!!

As excited as you were at how good the 250 did, it's no GTX :P Great review though, looks like an awesome game

Thanks for pointing out the typo its been corrected :)

As for giving rights to ATI who knows thats up to Nvidia. I highly doubt that it would happen aside from a court order or something to that effect time will tell.

Yes you will!

thanks , i will get one for physx when i buy the game , by the way will there be any difference if i got gts 250 for physx or it will perform like the 8800/9800 gt ...............?

Frank and I were talking about the differences between ATI and Nvidia well playing DOD and Batman. The differences is staggering and frankly I feel so bad for ATI owners that are playing Batman there is so many little things that are missing because of Physx :(

:withstupid:

exactly why i slung my 4870 for a GTX275. i've always been an nvidia fan at heart, and i feel badly let down having given the red team a chance. with 3D stereo and physx behind them nvidia is getting my money every time for the foreseeable future.