The Witcher 2

InCrYsIs

I personally really liked the combat system in the witcher, but that wasn't the reason I played it, I just really enjoyed the look of the world and the story. Can't say I'm looking forward to the sequel though, to me it's just one of those games that would be better if it didn't get franchised to hell like so many other games do.

I personally really liked the combat system in the witcher, but that wasn't the reason I played it, I just really enjoyed the look of the world and the story. Can't say I'm looking forward to the sequel though, to me it's just one of those games that would be better if it didn't get franchised to hell like so many other games do.

Same here on the combat. I loved it, it was different from other RPGs and made sense. You're a master swordsman so you should have to time your attacks instead of just swinging as quickly as possible.

I'm actually looking forward to the sequel. The time off between the first and second looks like it'll really pay off. I'm not worried about it being franchised since the game is based on a story and series of books.. they can just pull from any of those to assist the game imo.

• 5 months later...

All that just confirms how much I want this game to come out now and not sometime next year. :lol: Should be a great game, especially loving the all new engine.. much as I love the first game, the engine in it really bugs me at times.

• 5 months later...

Almost forgot, the debut trailer. laugh.gif

What do you mean by too much stuff? Too many quests? There can never be too many quests.. I hate games that don't have enough of them. Fallout 3 was very light on quests compared to something like Oblivion or Morrowind. Dragon Age has plenty of them and all of them can take up a lot of time which is great. The Witcher is no different.. I spent 8 or 9 hours just on the prologue and first chapter. I didn't even start the main story quest for the second chapter until I had done everything else I possibly could have. laugh.gif

The one knock I can see against the Witcher is the combat system. It takes a bit to get used to because its pretty different from other RPGs. Instead of just clicking wildly until the enemy is dead, you have to time your clicks otherwise you leave yourself open to attack and you can die very fast that way.

Arghh! Fallout NV had too many damn things to do. Was getting bored near the end. Never tried Witcher, maybe I'll grab it off Steam, gotta be priced pretty low now.

Arghh! Fallout NV had too many damn things to do. Was getting bored near the end. Never tried Witcher, maybe I'll grab it off Steam, gotta be priced pretty low now.

It costs 20 bucks on Steam but you are getting the best version possible of it. I'd try to grab it on a sale, it was as low as 5 bucks this past holiday sale so I'd wait to see what Steam lowers it to next. I highly recommend the game though, one of the best RPGs out there imo.

Well worth the 20bucks. Plenty of game play, good combat and story and awesome protagonist. Top 5 RPGs of all time. (My top5 list anyway) :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Hands-On - Combat, Monster Forensics, and Side Quests

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/thewitcher2/news.html?sid=6300051&om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;1&mode=previews

http://pc.ign.com/articles/115/1151764p1.html

Edited by InCrYsIs

• 1 month later...