Sapphire HD 7970 6GB Toxic Edition Review

bp9801

We have a new video card on the test bench today that is sure to get many people interested. See what ccokeman thinks of Sapphire's latest in the OCC review of the Sapphire HD 7970 6GB Toxic Edition - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire__toxic_hd7970_6gb/

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a terrible card IMHO considering the price. Considering you can pick up 2 7950 flex edition cards and put them in crossfire for about the same amount of money and WAYYYYYYYYY more the performance, this card seems more like a joke than anything.

It's disappointing that this can't run 6 screen eyefinity (3x2 screens set up or 6 portrait for an ultrawide view.). Only 5 display outputs..... I reckon it would have been sweet for 6 high res screens with the 6gb of vram but only 5 outputs and even then probably cant run all 5 in eyefinity.

It's disappointing that this can't run 6 screen eyefinity (3x2 screens set up or 6 portrait for an ultrawide view.). Only 5 display outputs..... I reckon it would have been sweet for 6 high res screens with the 6gb of vram but only 5 outputs and even then probably cant run all 5 in eyefinity.

By using an MST hub or daisy chaining DisplayPort monitors you can get up to six displays in an Eyefinity setup out of the pair of Mini DP ports.

:whistling:

^ Yeah, people put too much stock into, "Not enough VRAM".

7680 x 1600 with two overclocked GTX 680 2GB's in SLI have had no issues, but then again, I don't play many noobish FPS games that are supposed to hog up VRAM at Ultra settings. :dunno:

You can always force a VRAM issue if you really try. Dropping a single setting down one notch to play fluidly (and save HUNDREDS) is a no-brainer. :lol: