The Elder Scrolls Online

bp9801

<br><br><br><br>Oh I agree I am just giving my gut reaction but lets face it great solo games that go MMO tend to die out. I mean were are the new Warcrafts?<br><br><br>

What? Warcraft is an RTS...

You are the only person I can think of that would complain about more Elder Scrolls games. :lol:

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the only person I can think of that would complain about more Elder Scrolls games. :lol:

It will probably turn out like SWTOR where its just a single player game made into an MMO to milk more money out of everyone.... :sick:

A multiplayer RTS at that.

If you truly want to compare a single player RPG making the leap to an MMORPG, you only need to look at Ultima.

I hope they upgrade the graphics because I really wish they were better. Tired of the WoW look for MMO's. Other than that it looks/sounds good.

Game is still a year away so I'm not judging the pictures just yet. One or two of them even look to be concept art, so I think it'll still improve. However, WoW typically has bright colors and extremely over the top armor.. the TES Online screenshots look to continue the same trend as the other TES games, albeit a little more vibrant. None of the pictures appear to be of a decent quality though.. all look low-res so I'm going with a scan from a magazine or a really terrible camera/potato.

Game is still a year away so I'm not judging the pictures just yet. One or two of them even look to be concept art, so I think it'll still improve. However, WoW typically has bright colors and extremely over the top armor.. the TES Online screenshots look to continue the same trend as the other TES games, albeit a little more vibrant. None of the pictures appear to be of a decent quality though.. all look low-res so I'm going with a scan from a magazine or a really terrible camera/potato.

they've been working on it for 5 years so that's the art style thats gonna ship most likely. This really turns me off of the game. Looks like every other single MMO out there. When I saw that screenshot I had no idea what it was. Doesn't look Elder Scrolls at all

they've been working on it for 5 years so that's the art style thats gonna ship most likely. This really turns me off of the game. Looks like every other single MMO out there. When I saw that screenshot I had no idea what it was. Doesn't look Elder Scrolls at all

+1 looks very generic. And you can't just throw away 5 years of developed assets and make more. The mountains in the background even look painted onto the skybox instead of actually existing in the gamespace, even accounting for possible DOF.

Edited by 90sgamer

Borderlands had a fairly dramatic art style shift after it had been in development for a while. I'm cautiously optimistic for TES Online, but honestly, I've never been a huge MMO fan. I'm sure I'll check it out in the beta, but I mean, I'm a huge Star Wars fan and not even The Old Republic got me into MMOs.

I will say the storm atronachs don't look quite right. But then again, in the 1,000 years between TES Online and Skyrim, things do change. Weapons and armor should have a change as well, just like in all the other TES games.

It looks a little like a shift back to morrowind and I am happy for that. As long as it is never a shift back to oblivion what oblivion did with the art was wrong I preferred vinilla morrowind to vinilla oblivion.

One thing I dislike is the sheer volume of things they are withholding from the initial release. Would be nice to have more of those things available from the get go instead of forcing people to pay to get access to it.