Borderlands.

greengiant912

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a quest in the game named

Road Warriors: Bandit Apocalypse

where you gotta kill a guy named Mad Mel... Anyone know what movie that's from ;)

i'm gonna throw a mad max and thunderdome?

i never saw the movie for more than four minutes so i don't know

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

i'm gonna throw a mad max and thunderdome?

i never saw the movie for more than four minutes so i don't know

Yeah mad max, there were three of them mind you ;) Thunderdome is the one most known because of its star and blockbuster type release. The other two were early in mel gibson's acting career...

WOOOOO Borderlands Hits over here in the UK Tomorrow! I cant wait to Get my Paws on it! :lol:

Edit: I was browsing arround on youtube, looking for some more in depth detail on the PC version and i bumped into this hillarious Borderlands Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK4SJHK6eXE :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by SenitaL

Anyone have it for the xbox 360? Add me as a friend and we can play!! General912 XBLA ;)

I just got this wicked gun to, its the 10110 Cannon, its green but it has infinite ammo! Badass!!! After 3 shots though it needs to cooldown for a second :( but its still OP as heck... I am a lvl23 siren..

Edited by greengiant912

I sold all the alien guns (the ones with infinity ammo). They are basically too much of a hassle. The only use I found out of them is killing the purple scorpions. It takes about 1-2 hits to kill them with the alien guns. I'm guessing they work best against the alien mobs.

The ending in this game is very unsatisfying. My brother (Mordecai-Hunter) and I (Roland-Soldier) beat it yesterday. At which point you can either continue to keep playing in your current game or move up and reset to the starting zone with stronger mobs and items around your level (You get to keep all your stuff in the reset and can switch back and forth. They level zones are known as Playthroughs.). I'll most likely be picking up the DLC for this game when it comes out.

Thank the developers for adding in a really low cost reset skills option. You can test our so many different builds and not have to worry about your money. The price scales up as you level. Right now it's about $7000 at level 37. Which is the price of 1.5 looted guns at my level range.

Here is what I'm currently using for solo play at level 37: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltre...050510000000000

Works amazing with my Combat Rifle (107 damage, 70-90 something accuracy, 12 something fire rating, 37 magazine size, X zoom scope). That gun combined with the fire rate, larger magazine, and recoil reduction skills makes it a beast. It just shreds through all the mobs. It shoots insanely fast and accurate enough to get headshots.

My level 37 group build: http://www.borderlandsthegame.com/skilltre...000000005005200

Still can do the same damage output as before, but now I have the ability to heal teammates and a chance to do an instant revive on a downed teammate.

My XBL is beetfarm02. My brothers and I share it, so I'm not on it most of the time.

Edited by Krazyxazn

The alien guns are alright if you low on ammo. I found though that the end of the game I used Krom's sidearm for alot of things, it was really op. I was running around killing badasses in like 2 mags... As a siren I had a build that increased the effects with elemental weapons too, I also had a +40% to electrocute damage class mod on... So I was op w/ that gun lol..

A guy I meet online gave my a orange level gun which is the only one I have seen so far, I just beet the game... Its the SV230 Double Savior, It has +10 Ammo Regeneration as well so you never run out of ammo for that SMG :)

I'm debating playing the other classes as well..

As For the end, I wish the reward was a bit better :-\ oh well...

Edited by greengiant912

is it worth the money to grab it on PC?

i'm really iterested

It will occupy your time for a couple of days for sure. There are 4 different classes and several playthroughs (reset of the story with higher level mobs and better loot). So the replay value is there. This is more of a social game to play with friends than solo. Hopefully those friend' aren't loot whores :D.

I'm interested in the PC version, too, especially if their is a possibility for modding. Apparently the leaked version doesn't have V-sync or AA, but I'm optimistic that the final version will have those features because they said the extra week was to finish up some PC optimizations.

I did just get Fallout3 recently so I'll most likely end up waiting until it's on sale.

Started playing Borderlands for PC over the weekend. I played for about an hour and it was a little boring. Very nice gameplay and design. I am hopeful it will pick up some as I move ahead. Beware of the securerom goodness that comes with it.