Getting Users Back

gebraset

I think I'm going to take the plunge again, just for a little bit though, since we are on a roll with points. Once it gets hotter and the AC kicks on in about a month or so, I'll probably be stopping again. But, I'll be trying to pull in some points for a bit! :thumbsup:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm back. The school decided 95F was a good temperature for all the dorms to be at so they cranked the temp. Unfortunately, my room is near the boiler and subsequently, the air temp was around 115F. Both rigs overheated and shut down to protect themselves. Now I'm back, temperature is stabilized and hopefully it won't happen again.

Yeah.. We don't have control over the heat here: My biggest issue. Come fall, they turn it on at the office, and don't turn it off until mid April.. All winter long it's been about 95F, so we've had windows open and AC on in mid winter.. Kinda ridiculous. I'm tempted to melt the solder off of the radiators and turn them off, and just re-solder them back on if we ever move out. They started doing this because one moron turned her heat off one winter and died.. Somehow they assume everyone's that stupid.

But about folding, I've done a bit of reading up on this, but still a total noob: This is basically helping medical research? If so, I might grab the lower-load version (from what I hear, there's two versions more-or-less: one equivalent to a stress test for 24/7 use, and one you can use on your main rig that doesn't kill your CPU load.) Any info on folding and why it's a benefit would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I didn't know there was a low consumption client...

I've started folding again recently, Temps on my I7-2600k are going around 70C - 75C under full load. Quite hot if you ask me...

Thats only a couple degrees warmer then my 2600k runs while folding. My i7-920 on the other hand runs almost 10c hotter and runs 24/7 with no issues (except the hd is starting to go on that system :( )

What kind of cooling are you using?

Thats only a couple degrees warmer then my 2600k runs while folding. My i7-920 on the other hand runs almost 10c hotter and runs 24/7 with no issues (except the hd is starting to go on that system :( )

What kind of cooling are you using?

I'm using a Corsair H70. I know should have went all out if I wanted water cooling but I got this anyway =/

The room temp is pretty warm. I don't remember the exact temp of the room.

yea, room temp is part of the reason my 920 generally runs so hot, that room generally stay's above 30C and get's pretty toasty in the summer..

Yes it does... can't use your PC as a cooler, however you can make it a heater during the winter. Especially with the help of F@H =P

Anyway has anyone seen the thread I posted up in the same forum sub-section? I still haven't found a fix in the latest V7 console version of F@H.

I still can't get my 520 gt to fold.... the gtx 460 is doing all the work.