PCB color affect performance and quality?

Lugia0529

Hi everyone! Well, I know this is a quite funny question but I am very curious about the answer, it is a long story that why I am thinking about this question. In short, recently I have go to an IT Mall on my area to find some RAM, some of the shop recommend me to get a RAM with black color PCB as they say that the black PCB RAM have better performance and quality compare to the other, and the green PCB RAM have the worse quality, this quite shock for me because some of the Corsair Vengeance RAM are with green color PCB, that means that RAM is a low quality RAM?wacko.gif

After that, I see a shop with a ASUS RAMPAGE III BLACK EDITION inside, so I go to ask the salesman something about the board, that salesman told me that board is build with high quality black PCB, it is in high quality and performance. And he also say that board with other color of PCB have a lower quality.facepalm.gif

So, is that really color of PCB affect performance and quality? For me I dont believe in this...

Shame on your for believing him! Jk. Really sale people will Try to sell you anything and make whatever they can up. Someone at best buy tried to tell me that apple invented a new "computer" called the Mac pro and it's the fastest line of computers current out. Yes a core2 is waaaay faster than my i7 lol..... The point is don't listen, just do your reading before you buy anything

Now color may have no effect but layout does as the tracers have to farther causing interference and or Langacy issues. Second the trickness matters also and the tricker it is the better because once again of outside interference.

Edited by hornybluecow

Oh my. And up to this point I thought I had heard it all...............

....................causing interference and or Langacy issues. Second the trickness matters also and the tricker it is the better because once again of outside interference.

Pretty sure HBC was trying to say latency and not Langacy :)

The PCB color in no way effects the performance. Now... If the manufacturer is putting effort into customizing the PCB color, it is generally an indicator the manufacturers have put effort into making the product high quality in some (maybe useless/flashy) way.

As soon as customers try to use this as a generalization like this salesman tries to, a scummy manufacturer will come along and make a crap product with a pretty PCB for large profit margins. It's like the salesman saying, any memory sticks with lights are the good ones, while ballistix tracers are Corsair's highend memory sticks, it doesn't mean the sticks with blue leds duct taped to them from fhwdgads company are any good.

Edited by Master Binky

Having extra copper in PCB can help performance in several ways, and that would generally mean you have thicker PCB, but.... you can still have PCB designs that just use lots of layers or are just thicker for no good reason. Meh... Stupid book/cover thing... Damn you math and your specifications! :rtfm:

Is there a lightning bolt on it? If so then yes of course it will go faster. Racing stripes also increase the speed and show finer quality workmanship :)

Edited by rourkchris

Everyone knows that red cars are the fastest! Same goes for video cards too!

Oh no...So lucky you got the Graphic Card with red color PCB, maybe I will go to find a red color PCB graphic card to match you wakaka...just kidding, dont so serious...

This is really ridiculous but some people really believe in this, they even spread about this and more people is been cheat, throwing all effort to get a hardware with specific color of PCB.

And a litter out topic for a while, is that G.Skill RAM really bad? I am currently interesting in G.Skill RAM and going to own it soon, I also found that there is many user of G.Skill in this forum. In my country there is full of Kingston and Corsair, most of those seller says that RAM of other brands wont beat Kingston and Corsair, so those brand have a lower price. I dont know about the quality and performance of my current RAM, which is a RAM of TEAM GROUP, but I am very happy with it, and those seller just say like this kind of RAM should be throw into dustbin.

Edited by Lugia0529