Durable Mouse

Deathmineral

Okay, so just recently my mouse, CoolerMaster Sentinel ZERO-G, has started doing a double click thing and it's driving me nuts. So I'm looking to get a new mouse, something well known for being durable mainly. Other requirements, two side buttons. Extras I'd like to have but don't need, blue lighting. I also prefer a palm grip but claw grip doesn't bother me so I can go either way on that.

The mice that stick out the most in this area seem to be Logitech gaming mice, G5, G500, MX518 and the like. Whenever I've seen people talk about these, I always see numbers like 5+ years. I figured I'd ask around a bit before making the decision though. Any suggestions?

Love the G5.

x2.

Mine has lasted over 6 years and is still working flawlessly on my GFs rig. I loved it so much I bought another used one as a spare for my G9x...bringing my Logitech Mouse collection up to an ancient mx518, two G5s, and a G9x :).

If you want something more modern, the G9x is great even though its a little expensive. You can swap grips between claw, palm, and fingertip and adjust its weight if thats your thing...I keep it empty.

Okay, so just recently my mouse, CoolerMaster Sentinel ZERO-G, has started doing a double click thing and it's driving me nuts. So I'm looking to get a new mouse, something well known for being durable mainly. Other requirements, two side buttons. Extras I'd like to have but don't need, blue lighting. I also prefer a palm grip but claw grip doesn't bother me so I can go either way on that.

The mice that stick out the most in this area seem to be Logitech gaming mice, G5, G500, MX518 and the like. Whenever I've seen people talk about these, I always see numbers like 5+ years. I figured I'd ask around a bit before making the decision though. Any suggestions?

I've been using razer mice for a while.. One of the first ones i bought started doing the double click, I took it apart and the piece of plastic that hits the micro switch in the mouse had worn down. I put a small dot of super glue on it and shaved it down with a razerblade and has been working fine ever since. other then the small mod with the super glue its been goig strong for 6+ years

I have a R.A.T. 7 and very happy with it. About 2 years of use and abuse and still solid! Build quality and feel are great. The software is decent. I love the looks and all the customization options.

Hope this helps!

I've been using razer mice for a while.. One of the first ones i bought started doing the double click, I took it apart and the piece of plastic that hits the micro switch in the mouse had worn down. I put a small dot of super glue on it and shaved it down with a razerblade and has been working fine ever since. other then the small mod with the super glue its been goig strong for 6+ years

I might check that then, I did plan on taking mine apart when I got home tonight anyway, so it's nice to know what I might look for, thanks. :D

I've used a couple Razer mice, my was the Copperhead, terrible mouse, my second was the Deathadder, and it's still functioning well considering it was a refurb and I had it for several years, it's only issue is the scrolling is very messed up. Preference wise, the Deathadder just didn't fit me though, because I palm grip, my middle finger lays on the right click button kind of heavy and the Deathadder gives in to the weight too easily. The overall ergonomics of the Deathadder are just pass for me as well, I much prefer a mouse with some thumb support.

That's a lot of the reason I'd like to fix my current mouse if I can, it really suits my tastes. I figured it couldn't hurt to do a little research ahead of time though, in case I can't fix it.