Should I crossfire on single 1080p?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's your CPU then??

Or he's just being lazy and turning everything up to the max.

Lazy?? lol
Not thinking about proper settings is lazy IMO. There will always be games you can't do that with even with a super beastly setup.

That's probably it, sometime it takes awhile to find the right ratio of performance to visuals.

You can't just set everything on one setting and expect it to work, some things need to be on a lower setting while others can be pretty high.

It's up to you to find the right settings for the right game.

Stealth3si, on 24 Aug 2013 - 5:54 PM, said:

ComputerEd, on 24 Aug 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I am not sure why you are having an issue. I run a single 7950 and have yet to find a game that does not play smooth on my system. In fact I can push many games to 1440 with no lag.

to be fair..the games in question noticeably lags only at certain parts of the game where there's lots of stuff on the screen all at once. Other than that, the rest of the game plays smooth.

What games have you tried? do you use preset or custom? do you max out every detail on custom?

I tend to use in game presets and seldom tweak them, they are usually enough. For games lets see, right now I am playing..

• Skyrim (lots of mods)
  • Borderlands 2
  • Crysis 3
  • Civ V
  • Witcher 2
  • Black Ops 2
  • Far Cry 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Neverwinter

Lazy?? lol
Not thinking about proper settings is lazy IMO. There will always be games you can't do that with even with a super beastly setup.

if one cant play at max settings why bother IMO

I doubt the average person (especially while emersed in the game world) could tell whether a game is on max settings or not.

I'm not knocking you or anyone else who enjoys playing games at the absolute highest detail, but It's much more fun to just 'set it and forget it' and just enjoy the game without worrying so much about the perfect visual experience.

Then again I value gameplay over visuals anyways.

jdm_freek, on 25 Aug 2013 - 1:49 PM, said:

Waco, on 25 Aug 2013 - 09:42 AM, said:

IVIYTH0S, on 25 Aug 2013 - 01:23 AM, said:

Waco, on 24 Aug 2013 - 8:38 PM, said:

IVIYTH0S, on 24 Aug 2013 - 8:16 PM, said:

Lazy?? lol

Because some games are notoriously coded and you're dumping a sizeable amount of hardware at the problem and for little to no increase in graphics. Crysis 3 is an example....didn't they intentionally make the highest setting highly unoptimized to help "become the new benchmark" (aka sell more graphics cards lol)

When you can tell the difference and have it detract from your gaming between "reasonable" settings and "everything cranked to the max like an idiot" settings while actually playing a game I'll concede defeat.

Gaming at only 1080p should be a cake walk for a single 7950.

I'd wager its your Phenom processor causing the slowdowns during action scenes, not your graphics card.