Upgrading AMD 965

Is it worth upgrading my AMD 965? @3.9

My cousin is in need of a upgrade. But his board is only a AM3 board. I have a AM3+ board. So i was going to sell him my CPU and upgrade to something better. But Bulldozer are not that much better on something then what i got now, for the money they want for them. So to me its not really worth upgrading to one. I was thinking of a x6 but l dont know which one, even if i go this route.

Or should l just find a deal for him on a better AM3 CPU for him?

ughhhh if your brother has an AM3 board, exactly what processor does he have?

My Cousin has a AMD 645.

ts good, but hes got some low FPS in games. The CPU is the bottleneck as we tried mine CPU in his system, and the FPS went up lots.

I was looking at a AMD 980 for me but for the money to spend on upgrading to it, just for the extra few mhz. not really worth it.

I like upgrading him to the 960t tho.

yes one of you should buy a new phenom II and give the other the left over phenom II and sell the athlon

people can use the athlon for work or a HTPC so you shouldnt have trouble selling it off

yes one of you should buy a new phenom II and give the other the left over phenom II and sell the athlon

people can use the athlon for work or a HTPC so you shouldnt have trouble selling it off

Thats what im think im gona do. Just need to find one at a half way descent price now.

My Cousin has a AMD 645. ts good, but hes got some low FPS in games. The CPU is the bottleneck as we tried mine CPU in his system, and the FPS went up lots.I was looking at a AMD 980 for me but for the money to spend on upgrading to it, just for the extra few mhz. not really worth it.I like upgrading him to the 960t tho.

He should try overclocking his 645, my cousin's 620 was badass once I overclocked it (even though it topped out at 3.41ghz), my friend's 645 OC'd similarly... Probably the best gaming CPU for the money, but if you pass your 965 on, get a nice Thuban Phenom chip (X6)