Need a router recommendation

Queenz

Well if you've been using a brand for nearly ten years, you're going to have some replacements, no matter how good it is.

Anywho, the E3000 seemed to do the trick. 24+hours of uptime, so seems all is good now. phew :)

I guess your right nothing last forever, just tried something different this time to see how long it last... :thumbsup:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a trip to Micro Center in Yonkers and get these. I got two of them running at home for less than $30 because they were on clearance. Banging router, get's service everywhere around my house and it's 300 150Mbps Wireless N too.

Edited by MJCRO

same here i got this router http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215 when it first came out 5 years ago or so i'd guess maybe more, i paid 200 bucks for it then, and you still have a hard time finding a router that can do everything this one does as well as it does today, and it's cheap now. I have never had an issue with this router ever, when it first came out folks were having issues, but I think they were self inflicted as they were messing up their firmware flash some how, because they turned the usb port on the back into a port any pc on the network can use whatever is attached to it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bonus feature of this router. EXTERNAL Antenna, you can take them off and add better antenna if you like, laying it on it's side or standing it up or mounting it to a wall won't effect it's signal as much as alot of these new ones with internal not changable anntenna units.

Edited by Mikesnow

• 1 month later...

I have had a D-LINK 655 wireless N router for 2 or 3 years now and I'm very happy with it (features/performance/configuration/reliability). Before this I had a Linksys, which was always freezing up and needed rebooting every week or two.

+1

same here i got this router http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215 when it first came out 5 years ago or so i'd guess maybe more, i paid 200 bucks for it then, and you still have a hard time finding a router that can do everything this one does as well as it does today, and it's cheap now. I have never had an issue with this router ever, when it first came out folks were having issues, but I think they were self inflicted as they were messing up their firmware flash some how, because they turned the usb port on the back into a port any pc on the network can use whatever is attached to it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the bonus feature of this router. EXTERNAL Antenna, you can take them off and add better antenna if you like, laying it on it's side or standing it up or mounting it to a wall won't effect it's signal as much as alot of these new ones with internal not changable anntenna units.

+2

^ D-Link DIR655 is a beast. I use it as my main router.

+3

The Dlink 655 is amazing and hasn't given us any trouble whatsoever, the old Linksys router we had can burn in hell lol (my friend still has problems with his :lol: )