RIP Verran

grounded87

Wow. This most of been some guy. I joined this club 1 year ago for some advice and you guys were talking about him then. I only hope when my passing comes people talk about me like you guys talk about someone most if not all of you have never met. Cheers to Verran  :cheers:

Verran was probably the best guy I've ever met on a forum.  I was trying to think what made him so special and I think the best way to describe it was he responded to you like you were a friend.   He didn't have a 1-upsmanship attitude or a I'm better than you attitude or you're not good enough to respond to attitude.   He helped everyone, he had tons of knowledge and he talked to people like you would expect someone you know well to talk to you.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had him on my mind Saturday and wore my OCC tribute shirt to work. What blew my mind was when Boinker showed up to taste the moonshine I had and tinker with his new rc helicopter he was wearing his too. Verran will always be missed around these forums.

• 1 month later...

for some reason i can't pin down, i've been thinking about and missing verran the last couple days...man, did his passing leave a void or what ?

for some reason i can't pin down, i've been thinking about and missing verran the last couple days...man, did his passing leave a void or what ?

Tell me about it :(

I feel you. I am certainly not a "regular" here. Never really have been. Mostly just pass by when I selfishly need to harvest the nerdly wisdom that this forum harbors. But even I find myself a couple times a year thinking of Verran. You look at my 600-odd posts over the last 9 years or so, and that should have some impact. I dropped some tears when I read of his passing, even though I had only interacted with him a handful of times. But he did feel like more than a name on a forum, and I do feel that I missed an opportunity to call him friend.

Keep keeping on, that void you feel is filled with his memory as long as you hold it.

C

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...