i7 980x, Still awesome?

Have had one of these for a few years now, but I haven't really been too involved in the PC world for a while.  Is this still a strong chip?

I rock the 980 non-x (locked multiplier) and I haven't had a sign of a bottleneck in any game yet caused by this thing. It is still a fast 6 core that I overclocked to 4.0GHz w/hyperthreading (changing BCLK). With a good cooler it is awesome. The single core performance is lower than the 3770K but I don't care, as long as I won't get slowdowns or that it works fast enough in applications.

I havent seen any issues yet, either, so I guess this is one of those "If it works for you, then it works" kinda things, but I got so used to measuring my "e-peen" with numbers back in the day that I guess I just wondered where it stacked up now.  Thanks guys.

Have had one of these for a few years now, but I haven't really been too involved in the PC world for a while.  Is this still a strong chip?

yes but not expect to sell it for $800 and if you want to buy one, either picked up a 2600k / 3770k for $300 or d not pay more than $300.

It's a horrible chip....send it to me and I'll make sure it gets what's coming to it :P

(It's an amazing chip and I'm jealous you have one, I'd love a gulftown hexa in my board right now :(. They're, IMHO, cooler than almost all of the newer intel chips out right now)

I've been trying to get my hands on even a 970 cheaply (don't think it'll ever happen), but that is a very sweet processor you have! Though truthfully you could "game the market" and sell it to make a whole new system (based on sandy/ivybridge tech) that performs equally as fast and probably slightly more efficient without spending an extra dime.

Thanks for the responses.  Trust me, if I were ever to sell it, I wouldn't be looking to gouge anyone.  The Kraken still clicks along and rolls over pretty much anything I put in front of it, so it's not a necessity thing.

Ah, crap, I just realized my sig doesn't have my specs in it anymore....OK, here goes...

Intel i7 980x @ 4.7ghz

18 GB Corsair Dominator RAM

Corsair p128 SSD

2x MSI GTX580 X-treme edition (The neat ones with 5gb's of mem and the color changing fans that no one ever sees)

Fatal1ty soundcard (can't remember which one)

ASUS ROG Rampage 3 extreme mobo

It was a real monster back when I built it in late 2010, won a few contests with it and such.  Had a radeon 5970 in it back then.  Pretty much all I do with it is game and deal with emails re: work.  I do love me some games, though.

4.7ghz!!! Keep that beauty, I doubt any of the new chips will do much to you at that frequency :O.

I'd LOVE something like that running in my system at such a speed :woot: (also props since I also used to run 5970)