Huge help will be greatly appreciated

Have you tested those RAM modules in you other working system??

Part them and check them only after the moisture is completely gone. Otherwise if you power them before that it may do harm to those components.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So far i'm hating Dell for using proprietary PSU connectors and wiring. I'm pretty sure I don't have another Dell PSU to test. -.-

I'll try to find around the same memory sticks and test

NVM

I was going to ask what happens if -12v is measuring -10.6v but according to standard minimal is -10.8v so it might be ok or not. I don't know how those values might affect or not. 

The thing is this second PC i'm testing I connect PSU to mobo. Nothing else. CPU and rear FAN start and in 1 second they stop. This is killing me. Two computers tested so far are doing the same crap =/

Edited by Fragsman

If you knew for sure that your Dell machines where using the Phoenix BIOS AND if you have the little motherboard speaker hooked up, you might be able to determine what component is faulty based on the post beep codes (or lack thereof).

Here are some fairly common Dell BIOS Beep Codes - courtesy of TR;

2.jpg

With no RAM sticks installed the beeps are  -   ---   --  (meaning 1-3-2)

DELL table says:

1-3-1 through 2-4-4 Memory not being properly identified or used

Yeah of course.. they are not connected, if I do connect ANY ram stick computer starts and in 2-3 seconds stops.

This is a challenge already and i'm using just for a good oportunity to learn.

Edited by Fragsman

Yeah of course.. they are not connected, if I do connect ANY ram stick computer starts and in 2-3 seconds stops.

This is a challenge already and i'm using just for a good oportunity to learn.

In that case, absolutely no beep? No restart?

I dont know how to upload a picturewith my ipod. Dell started!!! I can see image but it thows some errors like AHCI bios not installed, etc

Reset the BIOS and see what happens. Also remove the CMOS battery.

If the problem comtinues after those steps, update the BIOS. If the system is running latest BIOS, then just overwrite the current version.

I dont know how to upload a picturewith my ipod. Dell started!!! I can see image but it thows some errors like AHCI bios not installed, etc

Reset the BIOS and see what happens. Also remove the CMOS battery.

If the problem comtinues after those steps, update the BIOS. If the system is running latest BIOS, then just overwrite the current version.

I removed the CMOS battery. How do I reset BIOS? I had a message of keyboard not working as you can see in the picture but now I plugged one and no more keyboard error. Anyway keyboard doesn't seem to be responding at all. Lights are on so it is obviously recognized. DVD rom seems to be working but not sure if 100% ok. I put one Windows 7 DVD but the computer looks like it is loading but just because of DVD sounds... screen is always showing the errors.

80% of the time if the pc stops after 2 or 3 seconds the psu is at fault. :teehee:

No, that was my "mistake", when I plug computer it starts automatically and then it turns off after 2-3 seconds. If I turn on again everything just starts and remains "ok" but when the previously mentioned bios error...