In a world of crap

Evening everyone, I did a routine thermal paste replacement earlier before work today on my CPU. Upon reassembling the CPU and my Antec 620 liquid cooler, my computer failed to display anything on my monitors and interestingly, my video card fans were not working. I had not done anything with the video card, just the cpu thermal paste replacement. I was wondering if it is a CPU issue or now a video card issue. I am running an AMD Phenom II x4 955 stock and a Gigabyte GTX 560 ti.

I would start by checking all your power connections and CPU fan connections.

Maybe something has gotten loose when you were cleaning the computer.

Yeah my thoughts were the power connections for the GPU, everything looked good, I just disassembled it again and noticed a bent CPU pin, its been sorted out and my machine is back together. GPU Fans spin for about 2 seconds when I try to boot, and still no display.

I think since you found a bent CPU pin, that may be the culprit in causing your system to fail. How did you fix it? And are you sure it is making solid contact with the motherboard?

Unlikely to PSU/Motherboard if you disconnected the power cord when changing PC components. You would have to be very unlucky for it to fail after changing cpu thermal paste....

Yeah the psu has been good. I used tweezers to fix the one bent cpu pin, other than that the cpu was fine and I was properly grounded and wearing proper gloves while handling theCPU. I have fixed bent AMD pins before using the same method with success... Not sure why the video card is not working even though I didnt handle it.

have you taken out the CPU to make sure that you got the pin straight and it didnt fold over when you placed it in the socket?

the coincidence seems just to odd. If the pin was partially broken after you straightened it, and then pushed the lever for the tension plate down. It may have broken the pin off.

i would definitely try removing the cpu again and look across all the pins side on and double check that all the pins are straight , then pull everything out - memory gpu and power connectors and re-seat them all . if that doesn't work try a substitute cpu  if you have one and see how that goes . it pays to check everything over thoroughly and also it might sound silly but have you tried resetting the bios or changing the bios battery . i hope you get it sorted dude :) 

if the CPU pins are relatively straight on a AMD and it goes in the socket it is good.... I;ve had them a little out of alignment and they still drop on the socket.... it isnt like Intel... if a pin is bent too far it simply will not go into the socket period end of story....

you did plug in the 4-pin CPU power next to the CPU socket right??? that alone will get a no boot on the screens