680 multi monitor/diff resolution

I'm wondering if I can set up a 3 monitor system w/ the monitors having different resolutions, but the same 60hz refresh w/ a new 680gtx?

If the answer is "yes", I maybe buying 1 more monitor and a 680.

TY in advance.

I'm wondering if I can set up a 3 monitor system w/ the monitors having different resolutions, but the same 60hz refresh w/ a new 680gtx?

If the answer is "yes", I maybe buying 1 more monitor and a 680.

TY in advance.

as far as i know you can have multiple different resolution monitors on a 680, but you cant put different resolutions in surround.

what i want to know is if sli 680s can have monitors in surround and then 2 more seperate ones

as far as i know you can have multiple different resolution monitors on a 680, but you cant put different resolutions in surround.

what i want to know is if sli 680s can have monitors in surround and then 2 more seperate ones

I guess I should have been more specific. I DO want to play games in surround, not 3d, but 2d. For this I need same resolution?

I guess I should have been more specific. I DO want to play games in surround, not 3d, but 2d. For this I need same resolution?

yes, for surround to work you need same resolution monitors, sizing doesnt matter but it will look odd. this is true for 2d and 3d

yes, for surround to work you need same resolution monitors, sizing doesnt matter but it will look odd. this is true for 2d and 3d

Boo... Then I'd need to buy 3 new monitors basically. That I can not afford. Oh well....

Thanks though.

Boo... Then I'd need to buy 3 new monitors basically. That I can not afford. Oh well....

Thanks though.

Yea, I haven't set up the Surround myself for simular reasons.. I have 2 monitors but they are slightly different res's (1920x1200 and a 1920x1080), that and I dont have the desk space to set it up so I would have to get a new desk as well as 2 monitors.

what monitors are you running now?

Quick run down of my "rig".

e8400, 4gig ram, 560ti, 1 x 1920x1200, 1 x 1650 x 10xx.

I'd like to buy a whole new computer next year.... I'm regretting not having same resolution monitors.

Quick run down of my "rig".

e8400, 4gig ram, 560ti, 1 x 1920x1200, 1 x 1650 x 10xx.

I'd like to buy a whole new computer next year.... I'm regretting not having same resolution monitors.

well you could get two new 1920x1200 monitors, which is cheaper than 3, but with that rig gaming in surround with a 680, your cpu and ram would be a large bottleneck, so a new rig is highly recommended if going to surround

well you could get two new 1920x1200 monitors, which is cheaper than 3, but with that rig gaming in surround with a 680, your cpu and ram would be a large bottleneck, so a new rig is highly recommended if going to surround

I think 3 1920 x 1080 monitors would be CHEAPER than 2 1920 x 1200 monitors. Such is life.

As far as my cpu goes, it's already bottle necking my pc. Tera Online is a prime example, as is BF3.

I think 3 1920 x 1080 monitors would be CHEAPER than 2 1920 x 1200 monitors. Such is life.

As far as my cpu goes, it's already bottle necking my pc. Tera Online is a prime example, as is BF3.

well, that is because the 1200 monitors are usually higher quality ips panels, so yes, 3 cheaper model 1080s would be cheaper

in that case i would say stick with what you got till next year when you do a new rig, there will be more powerful cards out then too :thumbsup:

well, that is because the 1200 monitors are usually higher quality ips panels, so yes, 3 cheaper model 1080s would be cheaper

in that case i would say stick with what you got till next year when you do a new rig, there will be more powerful cards out then too :thumbsup:

yep...thanks again

I'll just add, after visiting newegg, even if I bought 3 really well reviewed 1080 monitors, it would cost less than ANY 2 1920 x 1200 monitors.... Anyone have $1750 usd i can HAVE, not borrow....>:^)

Edited by vidiotking